omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x (done)

• This is no longer working.

I want to create a merged folder and then share it with samba. When I created the merge it applies and appears to save ok but no fsab entry is made.

When I click on filesystems in the admin panel it says it cannot extract any uuid from /srv/mergerfs/foldername

I tried making my own fstab entry but I cannot create a samba share in the admin later on.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So with my inclination to tinker, I removed Portainer CE and installed Portainer EE (from the GUI, OMV-extras 6.04).

It installed fine, and then I removed it, and re-installed CE. Again this worked, fine (the first time).

I went through this entire process a second time (because the first time, I misunderstood the way the "Use EE" flag and the save changes in the GUI worked---so I was running through the entire thing to make sure I understood the correct sequence.

After that, for a while, I couldn't get either Portainer version to run correctly (each container would restart immediately on launch and the Portainer webpage was inaccessible.

Posting, so that anyone else thinking of "testing" this on setup, might think twice of trying to switch back and forth between versions. I'm not quite sure what the conflict with the two versions are. As far as I can tell, they install in the same paths, and the EE version picked up my previously defined containers right away etc. But there is some gremlin there in switching between the two...

I honestly didn't even want to add the EE option let alone test a scenario like that... I'm sure you need to manually clean up the volume since the plugin doesn't do that (and won't).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Closing this log-screen and refreshing the plugin-screen looks like the plugin is 'installed'. After adding/creating a rsnapshot task it ends up with an error 400 bad request, the value null is not a string.

Did you clear your browser cache or ctrl-shift-R?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is no longer working.

I want to create a merged folder and then share it with samba. When I created the merge it applies and appears to save ok but no fsab entry is made.

When I click on filesystems in the admin panel it says it cannot extract any uuid from /srv/mergerfs/foldername

I tried making my own fstab entry but I cannot create a samba share in the admin later on.

You guys are killing me... It doesn't use fstab anymore. It is going to be impossible to figure out problems with the new plugin if you are making so many manual changes that will probably break the plugin. And I warned that this is a complete rewrite.

• Offizieller Beitrag

mergerfs problem:

500 - Internal Server ErrorCouldn't extract an UUID from the provided path '/srv/mergerfs/mergerfs'.

Did you upgrade from 5.x? Or is it new? Some much info not here that I need.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I got the same problem. Er.....

More info would be helpful. And just to remind people, this is a complete rewrite. I really hope people are just installing it on their main systems and then expect me to help fix something that might have broke.

• You guys are killing me... It doesn't use fstab anymore. It is going to be impossible to figure out problems with the new plugin if you are making so many manual changes that will probably break the plugin. And I warned that this is a complete rewrite.

Hi,

This is a completely new install this morning. I didn't touch fstab until I couldn't get it working with the Mergerfs plugin. I have removed the lines from fstab. I haven't made any manual changes. The plugin is not working on a clean install.

I get the same issue from the plugin as the others.

500 - Internal Server ErrorCouldn't extract an UUID from the provided path '/srv/mergerfs/mergerfs'.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin is not working on a clean install.

I see that. It isn't running the saltstack code. And fstab entries are what I was calling manual changes.

No more bug reports needed. I am working on it if I can find some motivation. I have spent so many hours on this that I just want to quit right now.

• I see that. It isn't running the saltstack code. And fstab entries are what I was calling manual changes.

No more bug reports needed. I am working on it if I can find some motivation. I have spent so many hours on this that I just want to quit right now.

Yeah you seem exasperated with it. Maybe take some time off? I can work around it in the meantime. Thanks for your hard work.

I understood what you mean with manual changes. I jsut wanted to be clear it didn't work then I tried to just make the merge myself but put it back when i realised it would be difficult to create an smb share without more manually changes.

• Did you clear your browser cache or ctrl-shift-R?

I did now. I also needed a restart of OMV to get the usbbackup-plugin installed without error. However, creating a task/job still ends with 'error 400 bad request, the value null is not a string' despite trying to empty cache and/or restart. Let's wait what other people comeup with.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe take some time off?

Unfortunately, once I release something, people don't read and just keep posting or filing github issues. I think omv-salt deploy run mergerfs will fix most issues.

• Offizieller Beitrag

However, creating a task/job still ends with 'error 400 bad request, the value null is not a string' despite trying to empty cache and/or restart.

Post a screenshot of your job. I am guessing you are leaving a field empty.

• Offizieller Beitrag

openmediavault-mergerfs 6.0.1 is in the repo. It fixes all problems.... lol

• openmediavault-mergerfs 6.0.1 is in the repo. It fixes all problems.... lol

Unfortunately, i get a different error now

Code
    500 - Internal Server Error Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color mergerfs 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypi:
    ---------- ID: remove_mergerfs_mount_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: ['/etc/systemd/system/srv-mergerfs-TVALL.mount'] Started: 18:38:06.025729 Duration: 29.718 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: - /etc/systemd/system/srv-mergerfs-TVALL.mount
    ---------- ID: configure_mergerfs_TVALL Function: file.managed Name: /etc/systemd/system/srv-mergerfs-TVALL.mount Result: True Comment: File /etc/systemd/system/srv-mergerfs-TVALL.mount updated Started: 18:38:06.060679 Duration: 147.189 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644
    ---------- ID: enable_TVALL_mergerfs Function: service.enabled Name: srv-mergerfs-TVALL.mount Result: True Comment: Service srv-mergerfs-TVALL.mount is already enabled, and is in the desired state Started: 18:38:06.258157 Duration: 889.963 ms Changes:
    ---------- ID: restart_TVALL_mergerfs Function: module.run Result: False Comment: An exception occurred in this state: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/...

It creates a file in /etc/system.d/system which seems to have the correct moutning information

in /srv there is no mergerfs folder though.

I have removed the config and rebooted and tried to recreate the merge several times with no success.

• Offizieller Beitrag

in /srv there is no mergerfs folder though.

The mount file should create the mount point according to http://manpages.ubuntu.com/man…man5/systemd.mount.5.html. I guess I can have the salt code make sure the /srv/mergerfs directory exists if the mount file won't create more than one level of directory.

Zitat

Where=

Takes an absolute path of a directory of the mount point. If the mount point does not

exist at the time of mounting, it is created.

What is your pool name?

• I think i found the problem. I ran the salt command again and got a more readable error
    It complains the filenames are too long (I was using the /srv/dev-by-disk/etc)

I have created simlinks in the /srv directory and merged with the webclient and now it worked fine. I can also see the mount in the "File systems" tab in the interface.

• So one more problem :) I created a new merge in the same way. The merge folder is created and it works. I can see the files. Now when I try to make a share it cannot read the UUID of the /srv/mergerfs/MOVIEALL folder.

The journal output doesn't show anything useful

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!