omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x (done)

• RSnapshot with error 400.

The plugin is installed browser cache is updated, CTRL-Shift R.

After adding/creating a rsnapshot task it ends up with an error 400 bad request "the value null is not a string".

Changing the zeros in the mask to "1" the error remains.

• Offizieller Beitrag

After adding/creating a rsnapshot task it ends up with an error 400 bad request "the value null is not a string".

Are you leaving the comment field empty?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I honestly didn't even want to add the EE option let alone test a scenario like that... I'm sure you need to manually clean up the volume since the plugin doesn't do that (and won't).

Yeah, I went and manually cleaned up the Portainer install directory, and that solved it. There was definitely some remnants of the EE version there that was preventing the reversion to the CE version.

I understand your reluctance to add the "Use EE" button. Right now, it's implementation is kind of odd. Like once that is checked, that is the version that the script tries to remove before before installing. Like it doesn't take into account that you might be removing a different version than the version you are trying to install. Anyway, no worries about it---I know you were reluctant to add it in the first place...and you probably have bigger more pressing thing you are working on. I kinda just posting for the benefit of anyone else testing it out.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I understand your reluctance to add the "Use EE" button. Right now, it's implementation is kind of odd. Like once that is checked, that is the version that the script tries to remove before before installing. Like it doesn't take into account that you might be removing a different version than the version you are trying to install. Anyway, no worries about it---I know you were reluctant to add it in the first place...and you probably have bigger more pressing thing you are working on. I kinda just posting for the benefit of anyone else testing it out.

It is odd? How would you do it? You are incorrect about removal. Sure, it won't remove the image but the container is always named portainer regardless of version. The script always removes a container named portainer. And yes, I have other things to work on. If it requires a little manual cleanup because you switch back and forth between versions, I don't think that bothers me.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Yeah, I went and manually cleaned up the Portainer install directory, and that solved it. There was definitely some remnants of the EE version there that was preventing the reversion to the CE version.

If you are going to switch back and forth between different portainer editions you may read the docs which tell you, how to do this.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The zfs plugin has a simple web interface with 6.0.2.

• Offizieller Beitrag

inertia  sniper mergerfs 6.0.3 in the repo. I think most of the problems were caused by failure to mount/restart the mount file. I have that fixed with the following pools:

• I'm having some "File name too long" issues with the mergerfs plugin. Applying the configuration changes with a mergerfs pool containing 3 or less drive mount points defined in the path works fine, but adding any more drives will give the "File name too long" error. It seems like systemd.mount does not like a mount unit with more than 3 drive mount points in the "Where" entry as the length of the entry becomes too long.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm having some "File name too long" issues with the mergerfs plugin. Applying the configuration changes with a mergerfs pool containing 3 or less drive mount points defined in the path works fine, but adding any more drives will give the "File name too long" error. It seems like systemd.mount does not like a mount unit with more than 3 drive mount points in the "Where" entry as the length of the entry becomes too long.

Well, that sucks. It looks like it is a 255 character limit. I had no problem adding 20 branches of a short path but it failed with 10 branches of a 26 character path. Drives being mounted with the 36 character UUID along with the 16 character dev-disk-by-uuid is killing the length. I'm really glad this length limit is mentioned in the systemd mount docs. I don't know how to fix this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Drives being mounted with the 36 character UUID along with the 16 character dev-disk-by-uuid is killing the length

Maybe set a short variable to name each path?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe set a short variable to name each path?

That is how OMV is mounting them not the plugin. I would have to create symlink for each branch which might make the RequiresMountsFor line not work properly.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would have to create symlink for each branch which might make the RequiresMountsFor line not work properly.

Do you need to mount everything at once? The 255 character limit provides space for 4 folder paths (or 3, I'm not sure). Is it possible to mount 4 folders and recreate the loop to add another 4 (or the remaining ones) to mergerfs?

Does this line mean that you must define all the montages at the same time?

After=local-fs.target network.target network-online.target network-fs.target zfs-mount.target

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you need to mount everything at once? The 255 character limit provides space for 4 folder paths (or 3, I'm not sure). Is it possible to mount 4 folders and recreate the loop to add another 4 (or the remaining ones) to mergerfs?

If you want one pool, all folders must be specified in one mount. If you name your shared folders similarly, you can use a wildcard though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does anyone care about the aoe plugin?

I'm also thinking the openvpn plugin should go to docker. I use openvpn in docker myself and it works great.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm also thinking the openvpn plugin should go to docker

Wasn't this discussed with OMV5, if there was a like for like docker to replace a plugin then why port the plugin

EDIT: I had to look on OMV for aoe, then had to google it's usage, suggest back burner until someone says I use this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does anyone care about the aoe plugin?

Maybe someone will show up using a commodore and AOE :)

I'm also thinking the openvpn plugin should go to docker. I use openvpn in docker myself and it works great.

Wireguard is faster, more secure, and easier to configure than OpenVPN. And it works wonderfully in docker. [How-To] Install Wireguard (VPN) in docker, server mode

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe someone will show up using a commodore and AOE

lol. It is actually ATA-over-ethernet : )

Wireguard is faster, more secure, and easier to configure than OpenVPN. And it works wonderfully in docker.

I agree but my vpn provider doesn't support it yet.

• Does anyone care about the aoe plugin?

I have used the aoe plugin on omv5. I was using it for testing xfer speed to see if there was any significant improvement over nfs. I didn't observer any and ended up uninstalling it. fwiw I don't expect to use it again. If I did it is pretty trivial to configure from the command line. My vote is to drop it and give yourself a 5 minute break :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!