omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x (done)

• Well, because of your post... I decided there was no choice but to kidnap Aaron. He is now locked in my basement and soon I will begin pumping him full of Starbucks and Methamphetamine. I can't guarantee his work will be accurate.. but it will done.

Serious.. cut the guy some slack. He's got a real job to you know. I think the progress he's made is pretty freaking amazing considering most of these plugins were a complete rewrite.

;)

And of course you can make a donation to your (and his!) liking.

• Offizieller Beitrag

is there any update on porting "Remote Mount" to OMV 6.x?

Nope. I haven't touched it lately. I have been working on the zfs plugin. OMV 6 has not even been released (still release candidate) yet.

• Well, because of your post... I decided there was no choice but to kidnap Aaron. He is now locked in my basement and soon I will begin pumping him full of Starbucks and Methamphetamine. I can't guarantee his work will be accurate.. but it will done.

Serious.. cut the guy some slack. He's got a real job to you know. I think the progress he's made is pretty freaking amazing considering most of these plugins were a complete rewrite.

So you will make him port every possible plugin on earth?

I'd like a coffee maker plugin and a RAM downloader

I tried following TD videos but I got stuck

Please send help

Ok it's becoming too much 😆

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just a note... I don't drink coffee or anything caffeinated :P

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just a note... I don't drink coffee or anything caffeinated :P

:::stares in wonder as my percolator makes my morning start:::

I don't drink sweet/artificially sweet drinks... but black coffee and unsweetened iced tea are my vice. I'm not sure it's the caffeine that I'm on, or just the taste but it's essentially flavored water.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That's going to have to come after the feed the dog and go grocery shopping plugins... but I think you're on to something,.

• Offizieller Beitrag

the feed the dog

This plugin will not happen since my dog already hacked the prototype ^^ She is a 90lb chocolate lab (in good shape, not fat) that is ALWAYS hungry.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This plugin will not happen since my dog already hacked the prototype ^^ She is a 90lb chocolate lab (in good shape, not fat) that is ALWAYS hungry.

Labs are such awesome dogs. If she's 90lbs and not fat... she is a BIG one. Labs are one of those breeds really prone to obesity because they just tend to eat because food is there.. doesn't matter if they are hungry or not.

• Chaps, is there any update on porting "Remote Mount" to OMV 6.x?

This is the only thing stopping me from upgrading my primary OMV Server to v6 (My Backup Server is already on v6).

Hi!

Don't wait for this

Use that in Scheduled Tasks

/usr/bin/mount -t cifs //192.168.1.8/disk/camstreet/camera_lobby /mnt/pool/temp/camera_lobby/ -osec=ntlmv2,username=pi,password=raspberry

• Offizieller Beitrag

Use that in Scheduled Tasks

/usr/bin/mount -t cifs //192.168.1.8/disk/camstreet/camera_lobby /mnt/pool/temp/camera_lobby/ -osec=ntlmv2,username=pi,password=raspberry

You do realize you can add cifs mounts in /etc/fstab outside of the the openmediavault tags?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This plugin will not happen since my dog already hacked the prototype ^^ She is a 90lb chocolate lab (in good shape, not fat) that is ALWAYS hungry.

That's just Labs in general, they have no ability to self regulate food intake. We have a Chocolate Lab and a Black Lab and they'll eat till they pop if you let them. Incredible dogs tho, super intelligent and very affectionate (ours are about 32 Kilos (~70 pounds) each too and just over a year old).

Main Server:
    OMV 6.x HP Proliant N40L, 8GB ECC Ram, p410 HW Raid Controller w/ 512MB BBWC, Intel Dual GigE NIC, Icy Dock MB602SPO-B
    Storage: 4x 4TB WD RED HDD's, HW Raid5
    Backup Server:
    OMV 6.x HP Proliant N36L, 8GB ECC Ram, Intel GigE NIC
    Storage: 4x 6TB HDD's, SW Raid10

• You do realize you can add cifs mounts in /etc/fstab outside of the the openmediavault tags?

I wasn't sure if my Fstab changes would get blown away by OMV at some point so hadn't bothered trying this.

Nope. I haven't touched it lately. I have been working on the zfs plugin. OMV 6 has not even been released (still release candidate) yet.

No worries. I know it's in RC, but new shiny!!!!! 🤣

Main Server:
    OMV 6.x HP Proliant N40L, 8GB ECC Ram, p410 HW Raid Controller w/ 512MB BBWC, Intel Dual GigE NIC, Icy Dock MB602SPO-B
    Backup Server:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von djos_1475 ()

• I wasn't sure if my Fstab changes would get blown away by OMV at some point so hadn't bothered trying this.

OMV will not touch anything outside of the openmediavault tags .

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Reguarding this:

openmediavault-mergerfsfolders - moving to openmediavault-mergerfs - done

openmediavault-unionfilesystems - moving to openmediavault-mergerfs - done

If I currently have these installed and setup in OMV5.x, what should I do when upgrading? Will these be migrated automatically?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I currently have these installed and setup in OMV5.x, what should I do when upgrading? Will these be migrated automatically?

If the upgrade goes well, they will be upgraded automatically.

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…t.d/60-omvextras-mergerfs

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…f.service.mergerfs.sh#L18

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• ryecoaaron I found a possible issue with the anacron package on my OMV v6.x Backup Server, when I installed it, the services menu would crash when I tried to access it (the red Amiga style text crash screen). So I removed it and the problem went away.

Main Server:
    Backup Server:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I found a possible issue with the anacron package on my OMV v6.x Backup Server, when I installed it, the services menu would crash when I tried to access it (the red Amiga style text crash screen). So I removed it and the problem went away.

I'm guessing ctrl-shift-R would have fixed it.

• I'm guessing ctrl-shift-R would have fixed it.

Unfortunately, it didn't. However, I'll re-install and re-test to see if it's reproducible. (2nd installs the charm, it's good now)

Btw, one bug in 6.0.9-1 that I can reproduce is the broken Load Average Widget when using Safari. It was working prior to a recent OMV 6.x update and still works in FireFox.

Main Server:
    Backup Server:

• Unfortunately, it didn't. However, I'll re-install and re-test to see if it's reproducible. (2nd installs the charm, it's good now)

Btw, one bug in 6.0.9-1 that I can reproduce is the broken Load Average Widget when using Safari. It was working prior to a recent OMV 6.x update and still works in FireFox.

Hey, please report this on github here

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!