Packages being held back

• Offizieller Beitrag

In an OMV 6 install on vm I have a couple of packages hanging around in Update Manager for a week or so after running updates. Here is what returns when I select install:

Code
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    Calculating upgrade...
    The following packages have been kept back:
      linux-image-amd64
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

What little I am doing with the test install is still working fine. I just wanted to note the issue to see if there is something wrong.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Offizieller Beitrag

What do you get when you: sudo apt-get install linux-image-amd64

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What do you get when you: sudo apt-get install linux-image-amd64

Shazam! So why didn't they install with the Update Installer? Other than it's Alpha?

• Offizieller Beitrag

why didn't they install with the Update Installer?

not sure. I will have to try a fresh install.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just installed on a fresh VM and linux-image-amd64 was installed. Not sure why it isn't on your system. You could look in /var/log/apt/term.log.

• Offizieller Beitrag

All is well now with mine too. As for looking in /var/log/apt/term.log, I did and ...

.... All is well now with mine too. :)

• Just wanted to note that I also see this message (on OMV 6.0.9-5):

Code
    The following packages have been kept back:
      linux-image-amd64

In my case, it is trying to install linux-image-5.15.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 5.15.5-2~bpo11+1 and linux-image-amd64 5.15.5-2~bpo11+1

Any reason not to do it manually instead, as suggested by ryecoaaron ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don’t think so. That’s what I did a couple of days ago. See votdev ’s explanation just above your post. Bullseye is still young, I figure.

• Same thing here with my completely new installed OMV6 box:

OMV6 refuses to switch from the currently installed 5.14 kernel to 5.15.

Is this intentional or should I do something to fix this?

Came here to ask because I don't remember I've ever seen this on OMV5.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but when it happens to me I go to the terminal and run

apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

Once the terminal finishes, refresh your Updates page and it dissapears.

• Thanks for your advice. :thumbup:

Never had to run (omv) update via terminal. So I did a bit more research and indeed I wasn't the only one with that question ^^ :

To that user the advice was given to run omv-upgrade and according to the manual (https://openmediavault.readthe…o/en/5.x/various/apt.html) this is indeed just a wrapper for apt-get update && apt-get –yes –force-yes –fix-missing –auto-remove –allow-unauthenticated –show-upgraded –option DPkg::Options::=“–force-confold” dist-upgrade

So I did that and a reboot and I'm on kernel 5.15 now - with other errors. But will open another thread for that.

• Agricola

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Good info from the manual. Glad you got some relief.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Just wanted to say had the same but with new versions of the packages, running the cmd rycoaaron posted have cleared them.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!