OMV shutdown on boot

• Good day, All.

A few weeks ago I ran into a problem: PC with OMV5 shutdown on boot.

Before that, I used OMV for more than 5 years without any problems.

At first I sinned for HW, but it turned out that the problem was in the updates.

When I install OMV5 it works before i roll the updates.

OMV6 immediately starts off.

It turns off at the end of the startup, when the speaker clicks and the web interface becomes available.

Perhaps some of the updates are not compatible with the my old platform (still LGA775).

I myself am not so good at this issue, I used OMV as it is "out of the box".

Tell me what can I fix it?

• Usually when this has happened in the past... someone had a cron job scheduled to run at boot, and didn't set it up properly causing the server to immediately reboot/shutdown as soon as the job completed.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• Usually when this has happened in the past... someone had a cron job scheduled to run at boot, and didn't set it up properly causing the server to immediately reboot/shutdown as soon as the job completed.

hmm, I didn't have any assignments in cron.

can mount the OS filesystem on another Linux machine and check /var/log/syslog

alas, but I have no idea how to do it

I'm not that good at this

• alas, but I have no idea how to do it

Do you have a computer running linux? If not, boot into a live distro like LinuxMint.

Connect the OS drive to the same computer and you should be able to open that drive using the file explorer in LinuxMint. Not sure what the name is, but you will be able to find many tutorials in the internet.

• Couldn't boot from any of the Iive-usb distributions.

The boot process is displayed, but at some point the monitor goes out with the inscription "standby mode" and the PC turns off.

Could the problem be related to the video card?

Video: ASUS EN6600SILENT

• It looks like the reason is in the video card.

Some of the capacitors were swollen on it.

Any particular reason why you even had a video card? If that's the case however, glad it was a something simple

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• macom

Added the Label resolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!