OMV, Docker, Portainer, Airsonic no access outside lan

• Hi, i'm pretty new to OMV, docker and portainer. I read some info on the web and watched a few tube videos.

Installed, Debian 10, on it installed OMV 5, installed the extra's, enabled Docker and Portainer. Watched a video

on how to install Airsonic. All went well, and on the LAN i can access Airsonic, Docker, Portainer, OMV, no problems.

But outside my LAN i can only access OMV, but not Docker, Portainer or Airsonic.. In my router the ports are forwarded to the server ip.

As i said, OMV, ftp and ssh are no problem, but no access to the containers. I tried all kind of settings, but nothing!

And now i have no clue how to setup the network so i have access to..

• Offizieller Beitrag

How did you set up secure access to your containers? I'm assuming you set up a reverse proxy.

Please tell me you didn't just forward the ports and thus leaving the insecured (other than via the login username/password)

Airsonic (and the others) are pretty easy to setup securely with a reverse proxy.

• Id did just forward port 4040 to the server adress, but no access at all.. i tried al sorts of options with network settings of portainer, but nothing! I have access to al my containers except airsonic! And i have no clue why i can't access it!?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Id did just forward port 4040 to the server adress, but no access at all.. i tried al sorts of options with network settings of portainer, but nothing! I have access to al my containers except airsonic! And i have no clue why i can't access it!?

That is extremely insecure and I would close all those ports ASAP. If you want remote access to those services, I would recommend in this order.

1. Set up a free duckdns account/domain.

2. Learn to set up the swag container w/ said domain (reading the nextcloud help thread is a good example). https://docs.linuxserver.io/images/docker-swag

3. Reverse proxy those services through your duckdns domain. I have multiple services reverse proxied through my domain (including airsonic) and it works fine. I wouldn't even venture a guess as to what your problem is as there's no way I'd suggest doing this the way you're doing it.

• Nice story bro, but before i setup other services i want to know if i can access it my way and as i said, i can't! So what's the point of setting up reverse proxies or swarms if i can't even access it with a simple port forward!

I'm sorry, but my question was not how unsafe my setup is, the question was why i can't access the airsonic container even with port setup and differend network configs in portainer!? I have access to all containers except airsonic and i wan't to know why that is?!

This is the second time i did a clean debian install with omv, docker and portainer, and i still can't access airsonic! It drives me nuts and costs me three days now!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nice story bro, but before i setup other services i want to know if i can access it my way and as i said, i can't! So what's the point of setting up reverse proxies or swarms if i can't even access it with a simple port forward!

I'm sorry, but my question was not how unsafe my setup is, the question was why i can't access the airsonic container even with port setup and differend network configs in portainer!? I have access to all containers except airsonic and i wan't to know why that is?!

This is the second time i did a clean debian install with omv, docker and portainer, and i still can't access airsonic! It drives me nuts and costs me three days now!!

Well, good luck in your quest then "bro"... my guess is if this is the second time through.. the problem watches you brush your teeth in the morning.

• Omg you're so funny, are you that fragile? Did i step on your vajina??

Maybe next time just answer the question a topic starter is asking, instead of telling him how bad his setup/actions are. You don't know what my plans are, so don't assume things...

Bye now.

btw; Navidrome runs like a dream, so F airsonic!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!