Error when updating

• Offizieller Beitrag

Because I'm adding OMV onto an existing Debian install.

Can't you just remove the docker.list you added? This is a bunch of code to add and maintain that will help very few users and slow down the salt run.

Otherwise there are two sources in conflict, the other is in docker.list and uses the key, while the omvextras.list entry doesn't.

Using the key is not required if the armored key is placed in the trusted keystore location. I know the docker docs tell you tell but the saltstack code is doing the right thing given the key to download and the repo to add.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It's up to you. If you feel that adding OMV to an existing Debian install is a corner case and anyone doing so will be able to troubleshoot and fix the issue themselves, then that's fine.

As I mentioned I did indeed comment out the deb entry in the docker.list file (who knows if Docker will make some change to it in the future so I may as well retain the file itself).

I don't have the knowledge to debate the merits or otherwise of Docker's approach vs Salt's, I just (now) know enough to tell you that if you do both it breaks things. :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you feel that adding OMV to an existing Debian install is a corner case and anyone doing so will be able to troubleshoot and fix the issue themselves, then that's fine.

My recommendation (especially when running my install script) is to start with a fresh install and not have anything configured. So, an existing install with lots of things configured is a corner case.

As I mentioned I did indeed comment out the deb entry in the docker.list file (who knows if Docker will make some change to it in the future so I may as well retain the file itself).

I don't know of any docker package that maintains that sources.list entry. Typically that is added manually by the user or script.

I don't have the knowledge to debate the merits or otherwise of Docker's approach vs Salt's, I just (now) know enough to tell you that if you do both it breaks things.

Neither is wrong. I will see if there is some simpler code that I can add. I won't be adding it to omv-extras 5.x though.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I don't know of any docker package that maintains that sources.list entry. Typically that is added manually by the user or script.

Docker has a convenience script for installing docker: https://docs.docker.com/engine…ng-the-convenience-script

Same idea as your script.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Docker has a convenience script for installing docker

Right but most people only run that once (typically never on OMV system since omv-extras is doing it). I was saying that the packages installed don't maintain the .list file. Either way, I will look at avoiding the duplication but it might be tough if people are running the docker script more than once.

• Hello to you all.

I just registered because of this.

I am a basic linux user and a newbie on openmediavault, so please take it easy :)

I have a rpi4 with raspberry pi OS 64 bits latest version (Debian 11)

I installed docker and portainer.

just after this I found out open media vault, so I installed AFTER

everything went OK until I wanted to install a plugin, gave thes error 500

even finding/refreshing new plugins don't work

i google and found out this thread.

if I edit the file

Code
    sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list

i have this line

Code
    deb [arch=arm64] https://download.docker.com/linux/debian bullseye stable

if I comment, the plugin can install no problem and refresh the list

but if I run the command

Code
    sudo omv-salt deploy run omvextras

the line gets uncommented and it breaks the functionality again

so My questions are:

-is anything going to break the commented line again? like system running the deploy run command in background?

-is my docker/portainer functionality affected in some way by commenting the line? like breaking updates or something?

-is there a more permanent way of solving this, being bullet-proof against the reploy run command?

-is the only solution for this starting from scratch (clean SSD, reinstall raspberry pi OS, OMV first, docker after, and then portainer, and then everything after)? or even that might get this problem in the future?

-can I sleep well at night without reinstalling everything? will this be stable?

thank you very much for your answers upfront!

EDIT: I saw now this is in OMV5 and mine is OMV6 but I was using the same thread...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fmnamado () aus folgendem Grund: adding info

• Show the output of ls -lah /etc/apt/sources.list.d

I think there is the default docker source, which should be deleted.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• ~ $ ls -lah /etc/apt/sources.list.d

total 28K

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Mar 15 09:35 .

drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 4.0K Mar 15 09:20 ..

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 131 Mar 15 09:20 docker.list

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 160 Mar 15 09:23 omvextras.list

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60 Mar 15 09:20 openmediavault-local.list

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 205 Mar 15 09:20 openmediavault.list

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 192 Mar 15 09:20 raspi.list

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 14 20:54 vscode.list

• it is this one:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 131 Mar 15 09:20 docker.list

cat  /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list

verify and then

rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list

• Well now it broke.

I cannot login in web ui, it gives me an error 502 bad gateway

I already ran the omg first aid command and changed the port and no solution

all I did was installing remote mount plugin, made a mount and rebooted

it is getting hard to get this working :(

• What did you do? Post the output of the commands you entered.

• I didn't even entered your command yet

just before reading your help, I was trying to install a plugin, remote munt

that's why I came to this thread, because I couldn't install a plugin

as described, I just commented the docker source in

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list

I just went there and it is still commented.

after that I could install plugin. I installed remote mount.

I input the data /login and pw for samba share) and rebooted

after reboot I cannot login anymore

so it has nothing to do with your help command because I never got to enter it

I have stoped all my docker containers, ran omg first aid and changed to another port and nothing

any idea? :(

• No I haven't, I was following a tutorial.

What do you want me to specific see? I already now I cannot install in Desktop version, that one I already found out :D

lite version - check

64 bits - check

clean ssd (not using sd card) + pi imager - check

SHA256 on IMG - check

until the install script of OMV I am completely comfortable, already made the processo dozens of times

any thing you want to point out or just pointing me to a tutorial ?

in any case TY :)

• OK thank you for your help

just a quick update. with so much practice, I almost do this blindfolded... lol some many reintalls

reintalled raspberry OS

then OMV 6

then docker and portainer

then home assistant supervised

tried to restore and everything OK

tomorrow I will continue putting my containers back

what is the best way to backup the rip minimizing my trouble both into backuing up, checking the integrity of the backups and restoring?

everything from OS, OMV, docker, containers, etc. I would like a one click approach (sort of) and preferably online, with rip on to a samba share.

thank you!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!