Question about storage use and cleaning Portainer

• Hello,

I switched to OMV5 with docker and porainer for 3 days.

All work perfectly, on portainer i have 3 Containers, Portainer, Netdata and Plex.

My docker is configured on : /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-86aabcb7-8827-429c-a54f-3b144d38a8da/Dockers/ --> RAID1 = 130Go

But after 3 days, docker/portainer uses more than 110Go on folder overlay2 with lots of folders.

I have try to use : docker system prune --volumes

But i think is not fonctional with portainer ? (no deletion after this command)

There is a command to clean what is not use?

This is mi configuration for plex (all is set to another raid) :

If anyone can help me pleas.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How did you determine your PUID and PGID. PUID is usually 1000 or higher and PGID is usually 100.

In a terminal enter id yourusername

Here’s mine:

wayne@m4:~$ id wayne

uid=1000(wayne) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),27(sudo),112(ssh),1000(wayne),995(docker)

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Datas/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/:/trasncode

Is "trasncode" a mistype and the drive filling with transcode files?

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

• 110GB is normal docker user space for plex metadata, so you need to define a good data path to store it.

• Hello,

First, thx to all for help.

How did you determine your PUID and PGID. PUID is usually 1000 or higher and PGID is usually 100.

In a terminal enter id yourusername

Here’s mine:

wayne@m4:~$ id wayne

uid=1000(wayne) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),27(sudo),112(ssh),1000(wayne),995(docker)

I already check, its ok.

uid=113(plex) gid=117(plex) groupes=117(plex),44(video)

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Datas/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/:/trasncode

Is "trasncode" a mistype and the drive filling with transcode files?

Haha i dont see, but i have copy/paste the same in plex, all fonctional :-p

110GB is normal docker user space for plex metadata, so you need to define a good data path to store it.

Hum sure ?

How i can do that, i have already set the /cfg folder on other HDD (i have past mi configuration in first post)

• Ok finaly i have find the usefull commands :

docker image prune -af

Note that docker image prune -af will remove ALL un-used images, use with caution if you have non-use images that you do not wish to delete.

After this mi 3 contenairs use only 2Go of space, im happy :)

I check if i can automaticly pruge the unused images and im go pack to post.

• Make sure to use the latest Portainer version. There was a version some weeks ago which downloaded all images of a container.

You would see many images in the images sheet of Portainer.

I think you are right, I use the version 2.6.2 no update on OMV 2.6.2 2.6.22.6.2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!