OMV - RPi4 - High loads after update // Please advise

• Hello all,

I am running OMV 5 5.6.13.-1 on a Raspberry pi 4 using the Argon One M.2 case.

The server has been working well for quite some time. I had around 30+ day uptime and

I decied to do some updates and reset the server.

After the reboot, I running into a strange issue where my CPU load average keeps going up and constantly. It went to around 11 at one point

I unplugged my NAS storage and the issue still persists. I ran htop as well and can't find anything too out of the ordinary.

Update: Using top

I did notice php-fpm: pool openmediavault-webgui will use 45% for a few moments drop then repeat again

I noticed as well rebooting OMV will cause the Pi to crash - I will have to manually remove and put the power back in

Pictures

Load average

Htop

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Thank you,

Dan

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the RPi booting from sd or m2? I would look at the i/o wait in top as well. If the OS media is having issues and you have docker on it, I could see the load being high.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Is the RPi booting from sd or m2? I would look at the i/o wait in top as well. If the OS media is having issues and you have docker on it, I could see the load being high.

Yes the Rpi is being booted from M2 and I have docker installed. I looked at the i/o wait and did go to 0.1 then back to 0 then 0.1 again later. The issue is strange - the load just slowly keeps going up and up and at one point I lost communication with the web server.

I uninstalled docker too to see maybe it was docker acting but the load was still high

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of ps aux while the load is high?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't see anything in that list that is generating high load. Was it high when you got the output of ps? I can understand why an RPi would be busy running plex, adguard, s6, duplicati, and qbittorrent though.

• I don't see anything in that list that is generating high load. Was it high when you got the output of ps? I can understand why an RPi would be busy running plex, adguard, s6, duplicati, and qbittorrent though.

I'll see If I can get it the load to a 11 again - then run the command - If I leave it on for at least a day the numbers will slowly keep creeping up

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!