OMV update fail

• Dear all good day,

I am having problem updating an old usb flash drive running OMV 5.6.4-1 to the current 5.6.13-1. I receive the following error message:

Can anyone recognise where the problem lies and suggest how to fix it? Should I use apt-clean from OMV-extras and run omv -update again?

• Target Sources (contrib/source/Sources) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:10 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list:2

First thing I would try is cleaning up your sources list. Reboot and attempt it again.

• Target Sources (contrib/source/Sources) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:10 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list:2

First thing I would try is cleaning up your sources list. Reboot and attempt it again.

Thank you for your reply but how should I do that?

use apt-clean from OMV-extras and run omv -update again?

Or it would be better if I run apt-get clean && apt-get update?

• Offizieller Beitrag

W: Target Sources (main/source/Sources) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:10 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list:2

This is just a warning.

E: Repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'stable-updates' to 'oldstable-updates'

This is an error. Not sure if this is resolved if you update from the GUI of OMV.

If not, try

apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change

• Thank you for your reply.

I have another working USB drive that has 5.6.13 on it. If i copy the source list from this one and paste it to the USB drive with the version 5.6.4, wouldn't it work?

• Dear collegues

I am new to OMV and I cannot access my OMV GUI after update to OMV 5, although I can SSH into the CLI. This is the output from my Cockpit log file. Can anyone help, I tried searching for an answer but the matter still remains unresolved.

Thanks

Logfile: August 24, 2021

11:48 AM
    openmediavault-engined.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.systemd

openmediavault-engined.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTIONsystemd

thrown in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc on line 110omv-engined

#4 {main}omv-engined

#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(360): require_once('/usr/share/open...')omv-engined

#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc/59mergerfs.inc(24): OMV\Config\Database::getInstance()omv-engined

#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(44): OMV\Config\Database->__construct()omv-engined

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(34): OMV\Config\DatabaseBackend->load()omv-engined

Stack trace:omv-engined

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc:110omv-engined

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!