OMV6 (6.0-16) WebInterface Login does not work // WebInterface (Dashboard) comes up for some seconds, then closes itself

• Hello,

I recently installed 6.0.-16 as a VM (Virtualbox). Installation went well and it worked for some days.

Today, I am not able to login into webinterface with the default admin/openmediavault, which was not changed.

I see the login screen, but when entering the admin/openmediavault, it remains on the login, no error message.

I did not change the default admin PW - anyway, I then used the omv-firstaid to reset the WebInterface login.

Then I am able to login , the Dashboard comes up saying that it has not been configured, then it directly reverts to the login screen.

Any idea ?

Thanks

• Hi,

I have the same problem here !

My config :

- NAS Helios64 - Armbian 21.08.1 Buster with Linux 5.10.60-rockchip64

- Openmediavault information : Release: 5.6.14-1 - Codename: Usul

Everything worked fine for months. But, since sereval updates that i did some days ago, there is this problem.

I’m able to login via the webinterface ONLY if i have reboot manually my NAS just before. And, after that, if I change any parameter in the dashboard, I am disconnected, back to the webinterface login interface, with no possibility to reconnect. (I have to reset the NAS again.)

(Don’t know if it’s important but there is also a problem with the service SMB/CIFS. Red spot)

What can I do, please ?

I can’t use my NAS in theses conditions :,-(

VERSION FRANÇAISE :

Bonjour à tous,

Je me permets de recopier le message ci-dessus en français car mon anglais est horrible...

J’ai donc un problème apparu récemment avec mon NAS Helios64, lequel tourne avec Openmediavault (voir les versions ci-dessus). En revenant de vacances, en relançant le NAS que j’avais éteint pendant environ 1 mois, j’ai effectué des mises à jour (directement via le dashboard de openmediavault). (J’ai fait l’erreur de ne pas regarder en détails la nature de ces mises à jour...)

Depuis, j’ai donc ce problème pour me connecter au dashboard openmediavault. Sur la page web qui me demande login et mot de passe, il y a ce bug étrange qui fait que j’ai beau entrer les informations, rien ne se passe. Quand je clique sur la touche entrée pour valider mon identification, le contenu des cases du login et du mot de passe s’efface, puis rien.

J’aimerais annuler les dernières mises à jour que j’ai faites, revenir en arrière, comme avant, quand tout marchait si bien, mais, étant un noob en informatique (et plus encore en matière de NAS), je ne sais pas comment m’y prendre !

À l’aide !!!

• Hmm... I'm guessing it's either a browser cache issue.. or MAYBE the virtual drive you installed to is full.

Try opening your browser in Privacy/Incognito mode and see if that lets you log in.

Thomas25 I'm not sure what your issue could be, never heard anything like that. Doesn't sound like a cache issue, but you could try what I said above, since you said you've done several updates.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• Hmm... I'm guessing it's either a browser cache issue.. or MAYBE the virtual drive you installed to is full.

Try opening your browser in Privacy/Incognito mode and see if that lets you log in.

Thomas25 I'm not sure what your issue could be, never heard anything like that. Doesn't sound like a cache issue, but you could try what I said above, since you said you've done several updates.

Thank you for your message.

I have try what you said (with Brave and FireFox browsers) but it doesn’t work.

It’s not a browser problem. And I don’t think that it’s a problem directly with Armbian (OS) because i can SSH. I can communicate with the NAS, with Armbian via the linux terminal of my computer.

• Thank you, but it’s not that.

Here, the copy and paste of the usage of each filesystem :

The use of the filesystem dev/mmcblk2p1 is 19% --> the OS filesystem is not full.

Is here another possibility ?

• I have reboot my NAS. Then, like I said, I was able to connect to the OMV Dashboard via the webinterface. OK...

So, I have changed a setting (in « Notifications » > « SMTP settings », because there is a problem (another ?!) : I don’t know why but I can’t received mail notification from the NAS). After the changing, I have this message : « The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect. ». So, I click to « Apply ».

And immediatly, I have this error message :

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color cronapt 2>&1' with exit code '1': Traceback (most recent call last): File "/sbin/omv-salt", line 151, in <module> sys.exit(main()) File "/sbin/omv-salt", line 147, in main cli() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 764, in __call__ return self.main(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 717, in main rv = self.invoke(ctx) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 956, in invoke return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 555, in invoke return callback(*args, **kwargs) File "/sbin/omv-salt", line 134, in deploy_run result = caller.cmd("state.orchestrate", names) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/client/__init__.py", line 2122, in cmd return self.sminion.functions[fun](*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader.py", line 1235, in __call__ return self.loader.run(run_func, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader.py", line 2268, in run return self._last_context.run(self._run_as, _func_or_method, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader.py", line 2283, in _run_as return _func_or_method(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/modules/state.py", line 360, in orchestrate pillarenv=pillarenv, File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/runners/state.py", line 125, in orchestrate orchestration_jid=orchestration_jid, File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader.py", line 1235, in __call__ return self.loader.run(run_func, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader.py", line 2268, in run return self._last_context.run(self._run_as, _func_or_method, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader.py", line 2283, in _run_as return _func_or_method(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/modules/state.py", line 1343, in sls initial_pillar=_get_initial_pillar(opts), File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/state.py", line 4634, in __init__ self.client = salt.fileclient.get_file_client(self.opts) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileclient.py", line 55, in get_file_client )(opts) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileclient.py", line 1422, in __init__ self.channel = salt.fileserver.FSChan(opts) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileserver/__init__.py", line 871, in __init__ self.fs.update() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileserver/__init__.py", line 486, in update self.servers[fstr](**kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader.py", line 1235, in __call__ return self.loader.run(run_func, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader.py", line 2268, in run return self._last_context.run(self._run_as, _func_or_method, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader.py", line 2283, in _run_as return _func_or_method(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileserver/roots.py", line 161, in update for line in fp_: File "/usr/lib/python3.7/codecs.py", line 322, in decode (result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final) UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x81 in position 0: invalid start byte

«Show Détails » :

And I can’t apply the changes.

What is wrong here ?

• Agricola

Added the Label OMV 6.x (alpha)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!