Playing downloaded podcasts on OMV

• Well my only concern is if you can't get to the park page, you won't be able to get to the airsonic page.

This makes no sense that Icant view it but you can. just tried the airsonic link and it says connection timed out

Edit: doesnt work on my cell or tablet other

• Then I guess its ok but on my machine ive tried chrome, firefox, incognito tabs and each time it says connection timed out

OK, I guess we'll try it and see what happens, but that is strange...

In Portainer, on the left... click on Networks. You should see a list of network names assigned to each container, look for the one assigned to swag (there's about a 99% chance it is swag_default .. but just verify it)

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• This makes no sense that Icant view it but you can. just tried the airsonic link and it says connection timed out

Airsoonic isn't going to work yet because we have not set up the reverse proxy. Verify your swag network then we will proceed.

• OK, I guess we'll try it and see what happens, but that is strange...

In Portainer, on the left... click on Networks. You should see a list of network names assigned to each container, look for the one assigned to swag (there's about a 99% chance it is swag_default .. but just verify it)

Yes swag_default

• Yes swag_default

OK, in your SSH session

cd to your swag config folder then to /nginx/proxy-confs

So it will be something like...

cd /srv/some-path/swag/nginx/proxy-confs

then use the ls command, and you should see a bunch of .conf.sample files.

• Yes swag_default

Once you get into the proxy-confs folder, and the ls command shows all the .conf.sample files... one of them is called "airsonic.subdomain.conf.sample"... we need to copy that and drop the sample extension with the following command...

Code
    cp airsonic.subdomain.conf.sample airsonic.subdomain.conf

then run ls again, and you should see your airsonic.subdomain.conf file (.sample will still be there also... just two separate files)

When you get there come back

• root@debian:~# cd

root@debian:~# ls

openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all5.deb

• I did but it didnt show up. Its located in DEBIAN\appdata\nginx. When I try to cd there it says no file or directory

What is the path you put to your /config directory in your swag docker-compose.... ? That is the path you need.

If it's anything close to the airsonic paths you posted earlier, that's not right.

• Once you get into the proxy-confs folder, and the ls command shows all the .conf.sample files... one of them is called "airsonic.subdomain.conf.sample"... we need to copy that and drop the sample extension with the following command...

Code
    cp airsonic.subdomain.conf.sample airsonic.subdomain.conf

then run ls again, and you should see your airsonic.subdomain.conf file (.sample will still be there also... just two separate files)

When you get there come back

Im there.

• ok

Now in Portainer...

Go to Stacks

Click your airsonic stack

and there should be an Edit tab at the top, so you can edit your stack...

under container name... add this...

Code
    network_mode: swag_default

So that will make the top part of your stack look something like this... This is basically going to put airsonic on the same network as swag, which is required for the reverse proxy to work

Code
    ---
    version: "2.1"
    services:
    airsonic:
    image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/airsonic
    container_name: airsonic
    network_mode: swag_default

When you're done, deploy the stack again... and let it do its thing.

When it's finish, go to your containers listing... click on your swag container and click restart.

Airsonic can take a minute to start, so after it's done (you can watch it's log in portainer if you want)...

go to https://airsonic.yoursubdomain.duckdns.org and you should have the airsonic log in screen, secured with SSL (padlock)

• Just like before connection timeout

• That's weird because now I can't get to the park page.... is swag fully running? (ie, is the log showing "done"..

• No clue on that. Never saw that error.

It's just unusual I could get to your park page properly... But you couldn't. Makes.me think something is amiss.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!