Playing downloaded podcasts on OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

Couple final thoughts on this...

1. If your service provider does not give you a static IP (we've talked a lot and I seem to recall you have a static IP)... you need to set up a way for duckdns to update your IP automatically.

Create a stack and add this container

2. This should be common sense, but for security sake, make sure you change your airsonic admin password and consider creating some users (in airsonic) to listen to your music/podcasts, rather than just using the admin user.

• The first thing I did was change the pass. I just randomly noticed the domain is working. Im still not able to connect with subsonic. Not sue if there is an additional step.

Edit: got this part working

I tried creating a stack using web editor and it wont deploy. It says service mapping must be a mapping not a string

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is this related to subsonic/airsonic or another question?

The app is easy, if you're still having issues.

The web editor sounds like a different problem.. Post the stack you used

• Is this related to subsonic/airsonic or another question?

The app is easy, if you're still having issues.

The web editor sounds like a different problem.. Post the stack you used

I was able to run the stack. and everything seems to be working.

I do have a similar question. I have comics on my NAS that I can only access when at home. How can I access this when I am not home?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do have a similar question. I have comics on my NAS that I can only access when at home. How can I access this when I am not home?

What file extension and how do you access them at home?

• Not sure if this will help but the person who recommended this app to me said to access it while outside your local network, I suggest hosting a VPN on your NAS so you can connect to it directly, you can also use Zerotier as well if your ISP is under strict NAT.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure if this will help but the person who recommended this app to me said to access it while outside your local network, I suggest hosting a VPN on your NAS so you can connect to it directly, you can also use Zerotier as well if your ISP is under strict NAT.

I mean you can, but if you set up the reverse proxy the way we did, it doesn't make a lot of sense to.. it's already secure. I've got one now and am going to test it with calibre and ubooqity.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, here's how "I" do my books (I don't do comics but probably have 70 or so ebooks)...

Depending on how many you have, this may be quite the pain.. Calibre (and ubooqity as far as I Know) has no way to scan a folder w/ media, and everything has to be uploaded through the web interface.. which could end up a huge headache if you have a bunch. If you don't want to go that route, you'd have to go w/ the other suggestion of a VPN, but I've never done that and wouldn't have the first idea how to tell you to do it.

So you can try it as a proof of concept if you want, it's not hard. I'd start with a blank directory for the /books volume and make sure you can access this volume via SMB... and upload one and see if that is something you want to do. If it is, then you can adjust as necessary and probably start uploading your books.

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/calibre-web

As before, make adjustments to the # lines, and leave ## alone for now. Deploy the stack and go to the webUI at yourip:8083. This one can take a minute to start the first time as I recall, so just watch the log and wait until it is "done" before going to the webUI

If I'm not mistaken, at that point I believe it asks you for a location for a metadata file. This assumes you have a current install of calibre on your desktop.. if you don't, it's a PITA at this point as the container cannot create one... So to make this easy... This is a link to my google drive, and it's a file called "metadata.db.empty", as the name implies, it's simply a empty metadata file that works w/ calibre.

https://drive.google.com/file/…VLJWd2a8/view?usp=sharing

Download it, dump the .empty extension and put it in the folder you mapped to /books in the above stack.

Now back at the webUI, put your location for your metadata file as /books, and submit, and it should be accepted and ask for a username/password... the default is admin and admin123

Once you can log in, come back here and we'll finish up.

• TL:DR;

Sorry for late reply. My Swag is again not working. I get this site cant be reached when going to https://airsonic.yoursubdomain.duckdns.org/

The proper access is (and it's working, from the looks of it)

You should edit/mask ALL your sensible data before posting anything here.

• Thank you. Its just confusing how if I try to go to https://airsonic.yoursubdomain.duckdns.org/ it gives me the error message yet I am able to play my files fine.

Don't really know how subsonic/airsonic works.

Maybe you're accessing the files via the LAN?

As a side note, every service you run with SWAG, in the case of subdomain, the acces is always https://<the service>.<the name you registered on duckdns>.duckdns.org

• Thank you. Its just confusing how if I try to go to https://airsonic.yoursubdomain.duckdns.org/ it gives me the error message yet I am able to play my files fine.

Just saw this on your SWAG log:

Code
    **** The following nginx confs have different version dates than the defaults that are shipped. ****
    **** This may be due to user customization or an update to the defaults. ****
    **** To update them to the latest defaults shipped within the image, delete these files and restart the container. ****
    **** If they are user customized, check the date version at the top and compare to the upstream changelog via the link. ****

/config/nginx/ssl.conf

/config/nginx/proxy.conf

You really should update these two files since they have security updates.

To do it, follow the instructions here:

RE: Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A

The procedure will be the same for both files, and they are even on the same folder.

If you need help, just say so.

• Just saw this. Yes I do need help. So how do I start this?

• Post the full path to your SWAG config.

Something like this:

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-<several numbers and letters>/swag/config

On Portainer, goto "containers" and click on "swag".

Scroll down until you see something like this:

Just saw this. Yes I do need help. So how do I start this?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!