Add automatic users home to ftp folders list

• Hi,

I installed Debian11 with OMV6 and I really love it beside the point that OMV has no checkbox for default homefolder visible in FTP like for samba/cifs. When give just the share where users have their homefolders in than we get a list like:

Code
    |- Data
    |- Media
    |- home
    |- user1
    |- user2
    |- usern

This is not nice. So I disabled but now I just see after login the normal shares in ftp.

So I extend the ftp configuration with a block of extra parameters:

Code
    <Directory /%u>
    <Limit ALL>
    AllowUser OR %u
    DenyAll
    </Limit>
    <Limit READ DIRS>
    AllowUser OR %u
    DenyAll
    </Limit>
    </Directory>

and after config save & apply I added in /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf inside the mod_vroot.c block following line:

Code
    VRootAlias "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX/home/%u" "%u"

Restarted - voila. When I now connect with ftp I see shares accessible for me and my home folder only and not all other homefolders. Like in samba/cifs, eg:

|- Data

|- Media

|- myusername

Alternative the alias could named "home" but than of course the directory directive must point to /home instead of /%u , too.

I would like if this would be - like in samba configuration - a simple checkbox. When activated than above changes are integrated into proftpd configuration. Adding an extra vroot.c within extra parameters does not help - looks like proftpd uses only the last one found in configuration (tried it).

Is this possible? Or could/should this be done as a plugin?

E.

• votdev

Added the Label resolved
  • Hm, got the update and found the changes inside. But I don't see the checkbox in ftp settings.

Homefolders are enabled in share settings (them work with samba/cifs) - let me know if I should create a ticket for it in github. But many thanks for this fast integration :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!