Kickstarter NAS: Argon EON - 4 bay RPi4 based.

• I'm not sure why you believe this is spam, and as for 'spruiking', how do you believe kickstarter programs get going. Considering the number of RPi users on this forum, it personally looks interesting from their perspective.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

Edited once, last by geaves ().

• Could the fan be any louder? https://v.kickstarter.com/1631…ef58ce9e024_h264_high.mp4

They should of made it an inch taller to fit a lower RPM fan. I use fans with a larger pitch/yaw in my smaller ( < shoebox) PC's and even those have a hum (although not too bad). In a 3D printer (Elegoo Saturn), I think I'm use the exact same fan by spec and it's so loud I removed it and just run the steppers hot :-/

• Argon makes very good cases. I wouldn't judge it by bad audio from a prototype in a video.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Argon makes very good cases. I wouldn't judge it by bad audio from a prototype in a video.

I don't doubt it, but you won't deny that the video is funny ... ;)

OMV 5, Intel core i3 3225, 8GB RAM, PendriveUSB system, ZFS RaidZ 5xWD Red 4TB, 1x120GB SSD Docker

Tomorrow you will wish you had made a backup today !!

• Yes, I really went wrong with my (now deleted) post.

I don't drink very often; but on this occasion, I had been boozing up and then I went online. What could go wrong?

Regardless of what I thought of Adoby's post (and it turns out I wasn't thinking at all), I should have known better than to challenge a Moderator.

I apologize for my lack of judgement. And I learned a lesson about mixing alcohol and the internet.

Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H (AM3 socket), AMD Athlon II X4 640 quad CPU (3GHz), 2× 4GB mem

Boot: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, Storage: 4TB (4× WD Red Plus 2TB, 128MB; in RAID10)

ASRock A55M-HVS (FM1 socket), AMD A4 3400 dual-core APU (2.7 GHz), 1× 4GB mem

Boot: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, Storage: 4TB (2× WD Red Plus 4TB, 128MB; in mirror)

• The image is a bit ad-like, I have to admit. But it was the best still image of the case I could find. I'll see if I can find one less flashy sales-like.

And don't worry about me being a moderator and "challenging me". I don't mind at all! I am not perfect and I am learning as well.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!