• I've been hit by the login loop issue. In my case it's a filled boot drive. Earlier today I got a warning email from smartd that my boot drive hit 59°.
    Followed the excellent tutorial [How-To] Fix full OS filesystem - GUI login loop and narrowed it down to the /var/lib/docker/overlay2 folder.

Running du -xhd1 | sort -h there shows there are 948 directories, with many up to 700MB in size. Also in Portainer there are dozens of images that can't be deleted, but are marked as unused. These are new within the last 48 hours.

Before finding this thread I went to a number of others about login loops, and this is a common issue.

1. Is there a way to reserve some space for OMV to prevent this from happening?

2. Is it possible to reserve the boot drive for only OMV use?

3. Is it possible to change the docker image storage location? I tried changing it under OMV Extras when I first deployed this system, but it didn't work.

4. Any idea why docker or portainer is freaking out and storing all these unused images?

• 2. Is it possible to reserve the boot drive for only OMV use?

3. Is it possible to change the docker image storage location? I tried changing it under OMV Extras when I first deployed this system, but it didn't work.

2. Probably not, and even if you could, some runaway errant process could still fill up the drive.

3. Of course, and not leaving it in /var is always recommended. Find out why this didn't work.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

4. Any idea why docker or portainer is freaking out and storing all these unused images?

Which version of Portainer are you using? Latest one is 2.6.3. There has been a problem with a previous version which was pulling ALL versions of an image instead of only one.

If the images are previous version which you have used but which have been replaced by newer versions, you need to remove those images manually (or with a cron job or with watchtower) - I assume that this is not the issue, as you cannot delete the images.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!