Drives not listed under "File Systems"

• Hi,

I have installed OMV 5.6.14-1 on my Raspberry Pi 4 (8GB) successfully and set a single USB3 HDD as a NFS service. Moving to the next step, I have a number of USB HDD drives that I wanted to use as various data storage - 2 x WD 4TB USB3, 2 x WD 1TB USB2, 2 x Sandisk Cruzer 4GB USB2 and 1 x WD 1TB USB2 - connected via a powered USB hub to a single USB3 ports on the Pi.

All the drives are seen under "Disks"

However when I go to "File Systems" to mount them 2 drives (1 x Sandisk Cruzer and 1 x WD 1TB) are not listed for mounting.

If I connect to the shell via SSH all the drives are listed via lsblk command

Also fdisk sees the drives -

I'm sort of at my wits end to solve this, been googling to no joy.

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks,

Chris.

• Check your fstab, to see if they're listed there to be mounted:

sudo cat /etc/fstab

Post it here in a codebox.

Also, what is the output of:

sudo blkid

sudo lsblk -l with L argument

• Hi Soma,

Thanks, as requested -

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo cat /etc/fstab
    proc            /proc           proc    defaults          0       0
    PARTUUID=de3ac798-01  /boot           vfat    defaults          0       2
    PARTUUID=de3ac798-02        /    ext4    noatime,nodiratime,defaults    0 1
    # a swapfile is not a swap partition, no line here
    #   use  dphys-swapfile swap[on|off]  for that
    # >>> [openmediavault]

# <<< [openmediavault]

I think I just saw something - the two 'missing' drives have duplicate UUIDs as the listed ones. I thought dup UUIDs were impossible???

• Using 2 equal USB disks might that but the PARTUUID is different.

Try to only have 1 disk of the same type attached and see if you can mount it on OMV GUI filesystems.

• I wiped 1 of the USB drives and reformatted it and now both drives of the same type are available. It has a unique UUID now. Maybe WD factory set these devices all the same?

I need to back up the other drives tomorrow and wipe them. If that works I'll marked this as resolved.

Thanks for the second pair of eyes :).

• kitman

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!