I have a problem with my Helios64 NAS running on OpenMediaVault. It worked fine for months, but after an update it become a disaster. I'm a newbie with Linux, I can't seem to do this on my own.
This is my configuration:
- NAS Helios64 - Armbian 08.21.1 Buster with Linux 5.10.60-rockchip64
- Openmediavault information: Release: 5.6.14-1 - Codename: Usul
(NB: I have already tackled this problem in the following topic: OMV6 (6.0-16) WebInterface Login does not work // WebInterface (Dashboard) comes up for some seconds, then closes itself . But I have the feeling that the problem is more than a simple problem of connecting to the OMV Dashboard via the WebInterface login. And the proposed solution kindly by votdev in this topic did not work for me ...)
Nature of the problem:
I do not know the origin of the problem. But I face several problems. Here are a few :
- Difficulty to connect to the OPM dashboard with the WebInterface login. The first connection works. But if I then find myself disconnected from the dashboard, for example because of an automatic disconnection, then, once back on the WebInterface login, it is no longer possible to access the dashboard after the login and the password pass filled in. I remain blocked on the login WebInterface which asks me again for login and password. I have to restart the NAS to be able to successfully reconnect with the dashboard.
- The emails from the Notification service no longer go out. ("Postfix / error [XXXXX] - SASLauthentication failed")
- Some services (Antivirus, SMB / CIFS) take a long time to start and some do not start at all. There is a red dot to "Running" in "Services"
- Error messages appear when I click here or there in the dashboard settings. Example error message: "ERROR - Failed to execute command 'export PATH = / bin: / sbin: / usr / bin: / usr / sbin: / usr / local / bin: / usr / local / sbin; export LANG = C.UTF-8; smartctl --xall / dev / sda 2> & 1 'with exit code' 1 ': smartctl 6.6 2017-11-05 r4594 [aarch64-linux-5.10.60-rockchip64] (local build) »
- Inability to check for and install updates with Update Management. (Also unable to update/upgrade armbian.)
- Impossibility to save the parameters. (I have the yellow banner displayed continuously: "The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.")
In short, my NAS is almost unusable and I would like to find a solution without erasing everything and reinstalling everything from zero. (I have not made a backup of my data stored in my NAS … I know, big mistake !)
What can I do to fix this problem? If I update OMV to version 6, do I have a chance to fix this problem? If so, how can I manually perform this update? (again, Dashboard Update Management no longer works)
Thank you in advance for your help and your suggestions! (Please be kind and pedagogue because I do not know Linux very well!)