Absolute beginner, can't creat files or move files

• Hello everybody.

I am an absolute beginner on these things, be nice.

Just installed omv 4 on my raspberry pi to create a nas storage at home. I have successfully created shared folders from my HDD that's attached to the raspberrypi. When I try to create a new folder from my windows computer i get a notice that I have no permissions to create a new folder. In omv I have given my user priveliges to read/write. No luck. I have tried several how to's and it wont work.

Can someone please help me?

• Well, first.. OMV 4 is EOL (End of Life)... so before you get to invested in this, you should consider installing OMV 5, then tackle your permission issue. The procedure is essentially the same, you just need to use Debian 10 instead of 9.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• I have had problems installing omv 5. That's why I installed omv 4.

OK, let me repeat myself. OMV 4 is End of Life, you need to install OMV 5.

You posted a problems you were having with OMV 4, what is stopping you from posting problems you're having with OMV 5?

This is unlikely related to your permission issue, but you're going to run into further problems with OMV 4 that only further your frustrations.

• Well, I can try again installing omv 5. Last time I tried the installation went on for several hours and the pi never rebooted as the instructions said it would..but if that's the only solution I'll give it a go again..

• That link is just pointing to the documentation from crashtest

Yeah, I was talking about the link in the documentation. Since Bullseye is stable now, I didn't know if the link was still going to Buster, or if it would now download Bullseye (ie and install OMV 6)

I just downloaded and checked it however, it's Buster...

So nothing to worry about.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!