Something happened and I don't know what

• Hi,

sorry for the general topics - I'd like to be more specific, but the symptoms are not clear.

After my summer vacation, I switched my nas back on, and didn't notice anything - until the first "snapraid sync" job - see my thread here:

Lots of snapraid errors

After a few days, I received warnings about high cpu load again, waited for a longer time, but I had to use the reset button after half an hour.

The CPU load seems to increase gradually over time - after a reboot, it's 0.1, yesterday and the day before it was above 1, this morning it was down to 0.1 again, so I felt relieved - until I saw the uptime: 10 hours, so it rebooted during the night again :-(

I didn't change anything about the configuration, can't find any suspicious processes, and would be grateful for hints regarding where to start tracking down the reason for the problems.

• Run top or htop in the shell when CPU load is high. Try to identify what process is using a lot of CPU.

Or in OMV, go to Diagnostics | System Information | Processes and look there for high CPU usage processes.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 16GB ECC RAM.

Edited once, last by gderf ().

• OK, I played around with top, but I didn't find anything suspicious (except that the mldonkey process is running as "root", although it's a docker image - is ist supposed to be like that?)

I also checked the logs, and I found this:

I remember I had similar errors (reported by the BIOS) some years ago, and they just went away after a while.

I have another mainboard lying around I could install in my nas. Can I just replace an Intel Celeron board with an AMD Athlon II board, or is that going to break the OS?

• Sean

Added the Label resolved
  • OK, after replacing the Mainboard and testing the system for 2 weeks without problems, I think it's safe to say that the board (or processor) was the problem. Thanks to everyone who helped!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!