Installation problem with disk partition

• I get a problem that I can't solve myself. I have a server with debian buster installed by netinstall. When I try to install OMV5 alone (not doing install OMV on Debian), the installation program can't do partitioning of my disk. I get an error message saying that maybe, there are too much primary partitions on the disk. I don't understand why as there is only the partitions created by the debian installation (I choosed entire disk to install the system).

Anybody can help me?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I try to install OMV5 alone (not doing install OMV on Debian)

I’m not sure what you mean. OMV is always installed on top of Debian, one way or the other. Can you explain in more detail how you tried to install and what hardware you are using?

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• First of all I'm french and it's the reason why it's difficult sometines to describe what occurs. I wanted just tell that I made an compleat install of OMV with an USB key and ISO image. In the step of partioning, I got this error message.

I solve the problem. I install first debian buster, deleting the main partition that was present on the disk .Then I could install Debian 10 and after OMV using the script found in the forum. All is OK now.

Thanks

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!