Symlinks in OMV6

• Offizieller Beitrag

According to ryecoaaron It will.. It's just not done yet. He's having trouble getting moving on OMV 6 plugins. They're very easy to do at the command line however.

ln -s /path/source /path/link

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for this feedback.
    I have to admit that I tried ln -s ....without getting the result I was expecting....will have to try harder.

What was the issue... ? It's fairly straight forward...

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/…ft-link-or-symbolic-link/

• straight forward...? Yes I thought so too....

Well, what I tried to do was to create a folder name (symlink) named /data1 to be equivalent to :

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-7b08e125-678c-41a0-8792-fc805940897c/data1/

edit : (just to be clearer) /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-7b08e125-678c-41a0-8792-fc805940897c/data1/ is a shared folder

My expectation was that following the symbolic link creation a command like ls -lsR /data1 will give me the same output than ls -lsR /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-7b08e125-678c-41a0-8792-fc805940897c/data1/ /data1/

so far, all my attempts failed ....the ls result was only one line with the link name.....but maybe that is expected ....:)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I'm confused... if /uuid/data1 has sub directories.. It seems to me it is working exactly as expected.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nevermind, I think I see what you're saying now.. yeah I'm pretty sure you would have to cd into each individual directory for that command to work. I only use symlinks to make setting up stacks/docker-compose easier (and can also keep it consistent between builds, replacing drives, etc..) so that's not a situation I've ever ran into.

• OK understood and agreed.

So I will have to test to see if my scripts (backups and docker compose) are working in that configuration (since I just gave up when I saw that the ls command was not doing what I expected.)

Thanks for your feedback and link.

I guess we can close this with a resolve status

• sabamimi

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!