ZFS degraded

• Hello to all in the community. i'm a new guy in openmediavault and i'm already facing with a problem.

My zfs status is the following

pool status (zpool status):

i have two Seagate Ironwolf 4TB as logical volumes as i have openmediavault on debian in a windows server 2019 hyper-v.

SMART information in openmediavault are not saying too much. See below

On windows 2019 server Event Viewer i have found some bad sector errors.

How can i determine what is happening and some proper tests as it seems that i'm not able to do smething from openmediavault. From windows server 2019 the drives are marked offline so i can't make an error checking.

edit #1:

i've found from HP insight diagnostics the following:

Code
    Hard Drive 3, 4.0 TB, SATA, ATA ST4000VN008-2DR1
    O Passed
    © HardDrive Location: Thie hard drive at connector 4I, enclosure number 0, enclosure bay 4.
    © The read/write hard error count recorded in the monitor and performance log. Count 679, total Bits Transferred 2.95361e+14
    © Accumulated power-on time for this bard drive: 7.6 months
    © Percent endurance used for tbis bard drive: 0.0096
    © An internal software problem occurred while generating tlie diagnosis result for this drive. Output may be incomplete.
  • identify disk: scsi-3600508b1001c708e7e846b76d45b51f0 and revise the SMART TEST, probably bad .

if the disk is in bad state, you need to replace the disk in the mirror as soon as possible.

PD: Revise SATA cables too, sometimes , the error is on the cable not in the disk, and unplug and replug the disk solve the problem.

• identify disk: scsi-3600508b1001c708e7e846b76d45b51f0 and revise the SMART TEST, probably bad .

if the disk is in bad state, you need to replace the disk in the mirror as soon as possible.

PD: Revise SATA cables too, sometimes , the error is on the cable not in the disk, and unplug and replug the disk solve the problem.

where can i do the smart test? i can't do something from openmediavault.

Regarding the SATA cables i have changed slot and i had the same problems

• where can i do the smart test? i can't do something from openmediavault.

from webGUI, revise your webGUI to find the SMART section

• this what i get

And on extended information i got this. it seems that the smart is not working due to the LOGICAL VOLUME

from webGUI, revise your webGUI to find the SMART section

• how the disk are connected to your NAS? ( USB, SATA, etc..).

And please provide more info about your MOBO.

info provided until now indicate a defective disk, but not totally sure until a SMART test is passed.

PD: SMART test only works on SATA devices not on USB or simmilar, so please post more info

• i have HPE ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 Server. the HDDs are docked on slot 1 & 2 of the four provided. The connection is SATA.

i did some tests from HP insight diagnostics prior to boot in windows server 2019t. The test stated for a faulty probably HDD. It says that i need to format and/or replace the disk. The error code was F2.

• i have openmediavault on debian in a windows server 2019 hyper-v.

SMART information in openmediavault are not saying too much.

I don't know how to virtualize Windows server 2019 hyper -v, but if you don't transfer control of the physical disks to OMV, SMART may not work from OMV.

The best thanks to the help provided is to report what your solution was. The next one will thank you :thumbup:

• i have HPE ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 Server. the HDDs are docked on slot 1 & 2 of the four provided. The connection is SATA.

i did some tests from HP insight diagnostics prior to boot in windows server 2019t. The test stated for a faulty probably HDD. It says that i need to format and/or replace the disk. The error code was F2.

ok, no doubt to replace disk in that case.

only a sugest, for better use of disk in ZFS & OMV, is better that internal controller are on IT mode, please read about IT mode on google.

Is because IT mode show disk to Base OS as SATA disk, and SMART works fine, if not disk are show as logical volumen that are not really good for ZFS.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!