installtion not possible !! Partion disks !! Failed to partition the seleted disk

• When copying files, the Samba service failed and all shares gone. The restart of the SMB Service in the OMV Web Interface caused a log out from the Web interface. A log in was no longer possible, message: wrong user, wrong password. Try to fix it with omv-firstaid but it didn't work. After a reboot a lot of services failed on start up and the boot up process stop with the message: Beep after System start. (see attachment).

A new installation stops with: !! Partition disks !! Failed to partition the selected disk ... after clicking continue the next error message appears: no roots file system ... (see attachment)

I tried two different SSDs, I wiped the SSDs and treated them with fdisk and gpard. The installation is not possible and stop at the partitioning.

The system is a TerraMaster F220, with 4 GB RAM, the SSD is attached on a USB port. The install medium is a 8 USB Stick.

Any idea what I can do to install the OMV 5?

• Have you seen this guide -> post ? (X64 standard build)

Or this -> post ? (The guide for Alternate 64 bit build.)

*You might want to unplug your data disks before rebuilding the SSD.*

Note that the USB bride may be filtering SATA drive commands. You might try plugging the SSD into a SATA port, then use the 8GB USB stick to build it. Once build and checked, reinstall the SSD in the USB adapter.

• I have see the guides. The data disk are unplugged when I install. I will try first the SATA install and the USB install, maybe ist works.

BTW the alternative guide is linked to this post.

=== Update ===

install with OMV6 beta is working, no partition issue. OMV6 is running. Same USB pen, same SSD and Hardware. :/

Confused but it works.

• === Update ===

install with OMV6 beta is working, no partition issue. OMV6 is running. Same USB pen, same SSD and Hardware. :/

Confused but it works.

While I can't explain it (there would be a lot of questions and factors to sort through) this is a good development.

OMV6 will be the standard soon so it's good to know that it works well with your hardware. You could consider this to be an early upgrade.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!