Strange issue. I lost multiple folders after power outage

• Hi All

I hope that you guys can help.

I have a small setup with a RP4 with 2*4TB USB disk connected, the 2 disk are created as a singe disk via Union Filesystems, and because one disk are full, all new files are written to disk 2.

Everything have been running fine, but after a power outage last night, I've seems to have lost multiple folders that have been created after end of July.

I've disconnected disk 2, and did a fsck -v on the disk on a Linux PC, just to make sure that there didn't were any issues with the filesystem. It did find some issue, but I don't think they are related to this issue.

I think it's strange, that it seems like all files that have been added after a given point is gone, all other files are fine. Have you seen this kind of issue before, could it be an access issue to the file, so I can't see them?

Best regards

Christian

• If you are looking in the mergerfs mount folder, try looking on the actual disk that the files were written to instead.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 16GB ECC RAM.

• I'ved disconnected the disk, and connected it to my laptop. That's also how I ran fsck -v, and I can't see the folders.

But it would be strange if OMV should corrupt so many folders just because the server crashed, I haven't seen that issue before.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!