Problem with upgrade from 4 to 5

• Hi,

i tried to upgrade my system from Debian 9 to 10 and OMV 4 to 5.

The upgrade of Debian worked fine I think.

But the upgrade of OMV did not work.

I also needed to change from bintray to giuthub, because I did not do that before.

Bash: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/ usul main
    deb https://openmediavault.github.io/packages/ usul main

This is the output I get when I try to install the updated version of omv:

$ sudo apt upgrade https://pastebin.com/zQHSeDAp

I guess here is the error that is causen this problem. But I do not know how this helps me.

sudo omv-salt stage run all https://pastebin.com/kZaTrjez

As it was asked in a few other posts:

Bash
     $ sudo grep mtu /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
                                            <mtu>0</mtu>
              <mtu>0</mtu>

apt-get install -f and reboots did not help.

I also did wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/upgrade4to5 | sudo bash.

I understand most upgrade issues are caused by plugins that had to be uninstalled before the update.

But I think I had no plugin installed that was incompatible with omv 5.

One thing I may have done wrong:

I first upgraded to Debian buster and then changed to the omv github repository.

Maybe I had to switch to the github repo before upgrading from Debian strech to buster?

I did restore my Debian 9 backup for now and try the upgrade again on monday.

These are the omv-packages I have installed on omv 4:

Bash
    $ sudo apt list | grep openmediavault | grep installiert

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

openmediavault/arrakis,arrakis,now 4.1.36-1 all  [installiert]
    openmediavault-fail2ban/stretch,now 4.0.2 all  [installiert]
    openmediavault-keyring/arrakis,arrakis,now 1.0 all  [installiert]
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg/stretch,now 4.1.16 all  [installiert]
    openmediavault-snapraid/stretch,now 3.7.7 all  [installiert]
    openmediavault-unionfilesystems/stretch,now 4.0.2 all  [installiert]

Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction so my next upgrade attempt will be successfull. ^^

Thanks

• crashtest

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • I did see that.

But only after I tried another guide.

So I might try this tomorrow.

But does this script update the OS, too?

I installed OMV on a normal Debian, so I thought I should update the OS separately befor updating OMV.

Should I try the update (OS and OMV) with only this script?

• Offizieller Beitrag

But does this script update the OS, too?

yes

Should I try the update (OS and OMV) with only this script?

I would do so. Make sure to read the comments in the first post. Especially remove plugins that are not available in OMV5 and make sure the repo of omv-extras has been updated from bintray to github.

• I updated the da before yesterday with the script.

if you have mywebsql installed, remove it manually before running the script the first time.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• So, my preperations (backup, correct repositories) are done.

These are the only plugins I have installed:

• snapraid 3.7.7
    • unionfilesystem 4.0.2
    • fail2ban 4.0.2
    • omvextrasorg 4.1.16

According to this list there wehre ported to OMV 5.

I will report after I tried the update script...

• I am running Debian Buster with OMV 5 now.

Had to manually unmount my mergerfs filesystem, but other than that the script did its job.

There are a few issues now I have to solve, but I think I am on the right track now.

Thanks

• cwempe

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Hi CWEMPE:

I am preparing to upgrade from OMV4 to 5 and I have similar setup as yours.

Using Snapraid + a single unionfilesystems drive created (pooled 3 data drives together), then a single shared folder sharing the root(/) of the unionfilesystem drive/mount. And just a single user created (group 'users') having r/w access to the shared folder.

I am still confused what I needed to do before I start my upgrade. I have already done the omvextra repo change and also make the change for the grub-pc/installed-devices so it points to my existing boot/system usb-stick.

Q1. You said you have to manually unmount your mergerfs file systems. What happened if I did not do that?? What errors would I get during the grade?? The upgrade will fail without doing that??

Q2. What exactly do I need to do regarding the mergerfs file system?? I need to delete it through the GUI first (union filesystems tab); then delete it from the (file systems tab)?? What about the shared folder do I need to delete it as well??

I have seen more than a few people asking related questions for upgrades but the main upgrade script thread did not mention anything about these requirement before upgrade for people using unionfilesystems/mergerfs drive/mount. If it is required to remove anything related before upgrade from OMV4 to OMV5 then I believe it needs to be documented clearly on how/whattodo somewhere so newbie like me can prepare for that. Really want to get a smooth upgrade without errors; much better to do the right prep before upgrade starts. Instead of doing the give it a go and if it craps out come back with a log for help approach.

Thanks for any comments from anyone. Appreciate the help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!