Wireguard questions

• After installed wireguard on host everything works and I can access LAN and all services.

I have question...

Is it possible to connect two wireguard servers?

Server A:

Server IP 192.168.1.66

LAN 192.168.1.0/24

wireguard server wg0 10.253.3.1/24

Server B:

Server IP 192.168.5.66

LAN 192.168.5.0/24

wireguard server wg0 10.255.3.1/24

• The way to do it is to install one in server mode and the other in client mode. Then you configure the link and the public keys and you should have them connected.

The best thanks to the help provided is to report what your solution was. The next one will thank you :thumbup:

• After ALL the trouble to have it working, you want to have some more headaches?!? :D

See this but you're on your own, never tried it, don't need it, ;)

This will require unRaid (I think there's some guide around here)

LAN to LAN WireGuard - Plugins and Apps - Unraid

search results - wireguard server to server (bing.com)

• Is it possible to connect two wireguard servers?

You can try this:

Server A

Code
    [Interface]
    PrivateKey = generated_private_key
    ListenPort = 5555
    SaveConfig = true
    Address = 10.0.0.1/24
    [Peer]
    PublicKey = public_key_of_second_server
    AllowedIPs = 10.0.0.2/32
    Endpoint = public_IP_of_second_server:5555

Server B

Code
    [Interface]
    ListenPort = 5555
    SaveConfig = true
    Address = 10.0.0.2/24
    [Peer]
    PublicKey = public_key_of_first_server
    AllowedIPs = 10.0.0.1/32
    Endpoint = public_IP_of_first_server:5555

taken from here https://www.digitalocean.com/c…wireguard-on-ubuntu-16-04

If you also wanted to access with another client, for example on server A, I suppose you could add this on the server:

Code
    [Peer]
    PublicKey = public_key_of_peer2
    AllowedIPs = 10.0.0.3/32

And on the client:

Code
    [Interface]
    Address = 10.0.0.3/24
    ListenPort = 5555
    DNS = 10.0.0.1
    [Peer]
    PublicKey = public_key_of_first_server
    Endpoint = public_IP_of_first_server:5555
    AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

The best thanks to the help provided is to report what your solution was. The next one will thank you :thumbup:

Edited 6 times, last by chente ().

• It really is not complicated, saving problems for network configurations. You just have to understand that communication between two peers is done by exchanging their public keys. The rest is routing.

I would very much like to know if this setting works for you. I intend to connect two remote servers in this way, this will serve as a basis. I'd appreciate it if you could post the results when you have them.

• This my next project, and I would like to connect the networks of my two apartments. I'm not sure how fast this will go because I've just assembled hardware for another server (Odroid XU4 installed in Cloudshell 2). I will definitely try connecting two servers with wireguard in server mode, and if that fails I can always connect one server as a client.

• This my next project, and I would like to connect the networks of my two apartments. I'm not sure how fast this will go because I've just assembled hardware for another server (Odroid XU4 installed in Cloudshell 2). I will definitely try connecting two servers with wireguard in server mode, and if that fails I can always connect one server as a client.

I want to do the same thing, set up a server at my parents' house to serve as a backup. I have it halfway.

In theory the connection should be fast, UDP is faster than TCP. And Wireguard seems to be a fast connection.

I await your results.

• So far unfortunately I have not been able to connect the two wireguard servers. I wonder if it is possible to make two wireguard interfaces eg wg0 and wg1?

One for client and the other the server?

I discovered a link where it is explained very well. Check it out. https://www.procustodibus.com/…/10/wireguard-topologies/

I already have the backup server installed at my parents' house but I haven't had time to fight this yet. For now I have only managed to connect from my PC and from my smartphone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!