Gvfs and Nfs - permission denied

• Hi guys,

New here. I am having the following problem: I created two NFS on my omVault. I can connect to them using mount but I can't using any gnome-based file manager. I always get the following message:

Zitat

Permission denied: Perhaps this host is disallowed or a privileged port is needed.

Searching the internet I discovered my exports need to use the "insecure" option which was already there. My current /etc/exports:

Code
    # /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
    #               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
    /export/omVault (fsid=1,rw,nohide,insecure,no_subtree_check,async,no_root_squash)
    /export/Config (fsid=2,rw,nohide,insecure,no_subtree_check,async,no_root_squash)

# NFSv4 - pseudo filesystem root
    /export (ro,fsid=0,root_squash,no_subtree_check,hide)

I spent hours trying to see if the problem was in the gvfs side of things but never got that. Even because days ago I remember connecting to the shares using Zorin OS. THen out of the blue I decided to add "insecure" in the final line (btw, I haven't created that one). It worked. Commenting the line also works. However, there is a caveat. The file is rewritten after any change and that line is added again, messing with my previous configuration.

So I ask if there is any other solution.

Thanks,

Eduardo

• I have Mint, which is an Ubuntu/Debian based distribution. Therefore I can only speak for it, you unfortunately did not specify such things.

First you have to install on client side the program

Code
    apt install nfs-common

program on the client side.

Then you can actually start mounting. I do this with the command

Code
    sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.178.24:/OMV /home/bernd/OMV

I like to mount to my /home directory, because I have all rights there.

Why don't you show your mount command?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!