System disk and use of a free partition

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • No, OMV separates the OS storage from the data storage by design. But if you want to use the root storage, install the openmediavault-sharerootfs plugin.

If the partition is on the same drive, although a different partition, OMV still sees it as a drive, doesn't it?

I have 4 partitions on the root drive and didn't had to install the plugin for OMV to see them all (the extra 2).

But I think I made them pre-installing OMV5, let me check my fstab.

[EDIT]

It was made post-OMV but with btrfs (if it matters)

/dev/disk/by-label/sd_configs is my /dev/sda4 partition on the Root drive.

• Hi,

on the subject of using a 60 GB ext4 partition on the system SSD as an additional storage medium, which was already used as a home partition before the OMV was installed in Debian.

The partition is marked as '/ dev / sda6' in the Debian system in the '/ etc / fstab', but is mounted as '/ dev / sdb6' by OMV.

Both disks are recognized by OMV, but only the data disk with the ext4 as the file system appears in the GUI.

If I install 'sharerootfs' as a plugin, only the approx. 30 GB root partition is displayed, but not the mounted home partition of the system SSD.

A manual entry in '/ etc / fstab' does not produce the desired result either.

How can I get OMV to recognize my home partition.

Greeting orcape

• Do you need the large /home partition?

My idea would be to

• save the files in /home to some other place (cp -apr /home /tmp/home)
    • unmount the /home directory
    • remove the entry from /etc/fstab
    • copy the files back to /home (won on your root partition

Go to the GUI and mount the (now unused) partiton

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Go to the GUI and mount the (now unused) partiton

Thanks, that's it. This home partition was not yet used, just partitioned during the Debian installation. After I took the entry from the 'fstab' written in Debian, the OMV recognized the partition without any problems.

Greeting orcape

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!