Suggestion for a UPS

• In the meantime, can someone help me out with installing the right plugin and whatnot in the OMV?

Go to OMV-Extras (wrote to fast) System -> Plugins and install the Nut-plugin, ;)

Re-read the thread (or most of the 1st page) and most pointers are here, :)

I have to install usbhid-ups driver, right?

The plugin will take care of everything, ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I remember correctly, wait to install or activate the plugin until the UPS is connected. When the plugin is installed type usbhid-ups in the Comments section of the plug-in’s setting page.

• type usbhid-ups in the Comments section of the plug-in’s setting page.

At least in my case, everything was already edited on the Services -> UPS

All it took was to click Enable

The rest is default (except Shutdown Mode:(

Code
    Mode=Standalone
    Identifier=ups
    driver = usbhid-ups #<----already filled
    port = auto # <----- already filled
    Shutdown Mode= UPS reaches low battery (my load is around 5%, a bit overkill, for now) #<---- My choice
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I’m out of the house right now, but thanks to you Soma (wildcard Duckdns & reverse proxy Swag) here’s a screen shot from my iPhone of my settings. Yes, most of it is preset when it is installed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In post No. 3 of this thread I posted a link to the list of controllers that best suit each UPS. You have to find the model and use the controller that says there.

• It's this openmediavault-nut 5.5.2-1 plugin? I just want to be sure.

Yes, ;)

If your UPS usb cable is already connected to the OMV, just install it.

Then go to the Services section and UPS will show there.

The page that Agricola showed will be seen.

Just click "Enable" and you can see the UPS status on the Diagnostics -> Services page

• Offizieller Beitrag

According to the list chente linked to the Eaton Eclipse requires a mgr-shut setting.

Edit: it does indeed take the usbhid-ups setting. Sorry all and thanks Soma for the correction.

• According to the list chente linked to the Eaton Eclipse requires a mgr-shut setting.

It's the Eaton Ellipse ECO 650 USB FR:

It uses the usbhid-ups, ;)

• I installed the plugin, enabled it, but when I try to Apply changes I get this error:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color nut 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian: ---------- ID: configure_nut_nut_conf Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/nut.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/nut.conf is in the correct state Started: 11:37:52.119324 Duration: 19.866 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_nut_ups_conf Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/ups.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/ups.conf is in the correct state Started: 11:37:52.139295 Duration: 6.108 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_nut_upsd_conf Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/upsd.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/upsd.conf is in the correct state Started: 11:37:52.145503 Duration: 7.645 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_nut_upsd_users Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/upsd.users Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/upsd.users updated Started: 11:37:52.153249 Duration: 9.426 ms Changes: ---------- diff: --- +++ @@ -1,11 +1,11 @@ # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org) # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost. [admin] -password = PVDz6eUuYlezDmpK +password = 1OwqBnIpuDnKExNy actions = set actions = fsd instcmds = ALL [monmaster] -password = TX5gS87UbSjtq3zC +password = P4gvqYiAOMnYttum upsmon master ---------- ID: configure_nut_upsmon_conf Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/upsmon.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/upsmon.conf updated Started: 11:37:52.162777 Duration: 12.616 ms Changes: ---------- diff: --- +++ @@ -1,6 +1,6 @@ # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org) # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost. -MONITOR ups 1 monmaster TX5gS87UbSjtq3zC master +MONITOR ups 1 monmaster P4gvqYiAOMnYttum master MINSUPPLIES 1 SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0" NOTIFYCMD "/sbin/upssched" ---------- ID: configure_nut_upssched_conf Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/upssched.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/upssched.conf is in the correct state Started: 11:37:52.175492 Duration: 6.978 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_nut_default_upssched_cmd Function: file.managed Name: /etc/default/upssched-cmd Result: True Comment: File /etc/default/upssched-cmd is in the correct state Started: 11:37:52.182569 Duration: 1.261 ms Changes: ---------- ID: remove_nut_udev_serialups_rule Function: file.absent Name: /etc/udev/rules.d/99-openmediavault-nut-serialups.rules Result: True Comment: File /etc/udev/rules.d/99-openmediavault-nut-serialups.rules is not present Started: 11:37:52.183918 Duration: 0.382 ms Changes: ---------- ID: start_nut_driver_service Function: service.running Name: nut-driver Result: False Comment: Job for nut-driver.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status nut-driver.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. Started: 11:37:52.195463 Duration: 88.938 ms Changes: ---------- ID: start_nut_server_service Function: service.running Name: nut-server Result: True Comment: Service restarted Started: 11:37:52.302447 Duration: 702.857 ms Changes: ---------- nut-server: True ---------- ID: monitor_nut_server_service Function: module.run Result: True Comment: monit.monitor: True Started: 11:37:53.006811 Duration: 6.864 ms Changes: ---------- monit.monitor: True ---------- ID: start_nut_monitor_service Function: service.running Name: nut-monitor Result: True Comment: Service restarted Started: 11:37:53.038467 Duration: 40.925 ms Changes: ---------- nut-monitor: True ---------- ID: monitor_nut_monitor_service Function: module.run Result: True Comment: monit.monitor: True Started: 11:37:53.079733 Duration: 7.676 ms Changes: ---------- monit.monitor: True Summary for debian ------------- Succeeded: 12 (changed=6) Failed: 1 ------------- Total states run: 13 Total run time: 911.542 ms

And this:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color nut 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:
    ----------
    ID: configure_nut_nut_conf
    Function: file.managed
    Name: /etc/nut/nut.conf
    Result: True
    Comment: File /etc/nut/nut.conf updated
    Started: 11:36:51.666682
    Duration: 21.489 ms
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Do what the error tells you and publish the result

systemctl status nut-driver.service

journalctl -xe

Also take a screenshot of your nut configuration in the GUI

• Here. But keep in mind that the plugin is not enabled now.

• The log says:  No matching HID UPS found

nut comprises three parts:

- the driver to read the from the UPS (started with upsdrvctl start)

- the upsd daemon to publish the UPSes reading (started with upsd)

- and clients to access the readings for the cli it is upsc <our UPS name>)

The nut driver does not start unless the UPS is connected. Make sure the USB-Cable is plugged and the UPS is power on.

or from the cli: lsusb

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • If anyone checks out this thread, here is some summary information.

[How-to] use the openmediavault-nut plugin

Been trying to follow that info but I'm feeling like a noob: (hope this is someone else's situation so to have some pointers AKA piggyback-ride :D )

My case scenario:

UPS on a OMV5-nut plugin running on 192.168.1.200 as standalone:

And OMV6 running on 192.168.1.134 beeing power fed by the same UPS.

How can I have the OMV6 shutdown (or receive a signal) when the UPS reaches the shutdown time and does it on OMV5?

What user to configure on the OMV5 Remote Monitoring?

And on OMV6, what is the configuration to use?

Mode = Netclient # <- This I think it's a no-brainer since the UPS is on OMV5 as standalone

Identifier = ups # <- The same name as the OMV5

Netclient Hostname # <- The LAN IP can be used????? Or does it need to be the Hostname where the UPS is plugged?

Netclient Username # <- This is where the doubt lives: can I just use any user or does it have to be a specific one?

Netclient Password # <- Password for the above user

Thank you all and Seasons Greetings

• Offizieller Beitrag

Been trying to follow that info but I'm feeling like a noob

I felt the same when I got to that part of the guide. ^^

That part of the guide was difficult for me to write because I don't have a UPS with that capability to test this procedure. Sorry, I guess my explanation is a bit "dark" in that part. From what I understood by reviewing the NUT documentation the UPS must have the capacity to do this. Maybe I got it wrong?

I would really appreciate this information and an explanation of the correct procedure, to be able to explain this more clearly in the guide.

• The guide is perfect, ;)

That part of the guide was difficult for me to write because I don't have a UPS with that capability to test this procedure.

The UPS here (as I see it) has nothing to do with it.

The control is all on the nut-server/client

See it this way:

UPS has 2/3 battery controlled sockets:

On plug1, is attached server1 (OMV5) running the "standalone mode" (usb cable plugged)

On power failure, the OMV5 will receive a shutdown signal when Low Battery is reached.

On plug2, is attached server2 (OMV6) running the "netclient mode" (no physical comms with the UPS )

On power failure, plug1 and plug2 are still ON via the UPS battery.

When the config of the UPS reaches the time to send the shutdown signal to OMV5, the OMV6 netclient monitoring will also tells it to shutdown.

As soon as I configure this (I'll set the OMV6 to shutdown as soon as the UPS looses grid power while the OMV5 is configure to wait for Low Battery Signal from the UPS).

Hope this makes sense, ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

The way you describe it is how I understood it at first. But reading the NUT documentation something (can't remember what) made me think otherwise.

I await your results. If it works, I would appreciate it if you could post the exact steps and settings.

To test this setup I would have to install OMV on a raspberry, and it's something I keep resisting. Don't yank my ears. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!