Can't Access OMV After Attempting Update

• Hi.

Tried to update my OMV. I know can't access it though my browser, or access any of the running services

Apt-get update runs ok.

When I run apt-get upgrade, it runs, but then hangs on an error.

Should I reboot and try omv-upgrade?

• There is something wong with your hard drives.

In the image in the first post it complained about /dev/sdc and now it complains about another drive /srv/... .

Did you touch the hardware in any way (i.e. unplugged disks, ...)?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Thanks for the reply Zoki.

I've just moved house. I moved the server and everything worked ok. 24 hours later there are issues. I've checked, and they are all connected ok.

I just moved across the road, and carried server in my hands.

• Can you do a file system check on the drives?

And the error message says the target directory for mounting is not empty. Can you check this?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Can you do a file system check on the drives?

And the error message says the target directory for mounting is not empty. Can you check this?

Do I use fsck for the first part?

What command do I use to check the mounting point in the second part?

Sorry, not very experienced in Linux.

• yes, fsck is the command to check the disks.

For the second part.

show us what cat /etc/fstab tells.

To check the directory use ls -la /srv/<the_long_UUID-here>

Use tab completion to enter the long UUID

• I'm out of my depth here

I'm out of my depth. Thought I might be able to muddle through, but not having success.

Attached are the commands I tried. If I got the right one, it was from luck 🙈

If I didn't, appreciate if you can take pity on me and give me the exact command I need to run

Thanks for the help!

• I can not read the contents of /etc/fstab, do you have access to the oms vserver with ssh so you can do cut-and paste?

• In your first image it looks like /dev/sdc has read errors
    • In the second image it tells something can not be mounted to /srv/5ff... because the directory is not empty
    • In your fourth image a pat of omv is missing
    • I can not properly read what is on your fifth image but
    • your sixth image you can see that two of your drives are 100% full

could you please give the results of

cat /etc/fstab

and

mount

To check the partitionyou have to unmount it and use fsck <partition> e.g. fsck /dev/sdc2

• Sorry, don't have access to that. See attached. Do these help? Will unmount and do fsck now

• Your system seems to be self-healing :)

No more read errors on /dev/sdc1, this is good.

The mount problem is you mergerfs, which you can ignore for the moment.

Uncomment the line in /etc/fstab starting with /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid OMV will restore it or we will remove the comment once we are done.

Reboot

Next we need to check where in the upgrade process we are:

Did you try an upgrade from 4 -> 5 or from 5 -> 6?

cat /etc/os-release

Get all packages for the current version upgraded.

apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

• Brilliant. Which comment am I deleting? See attached.

• put a # in front of the last but one line.

Please answer this question: Did you try an upgrade from 4 -> 5 or from 5 -> 6?

• put a # in front of the last but one line.

Please answer this question: Did you try an upgrade from 4 -> 5 or from 5 -> 6?

Ok, that's done.

Its weird. I can't log into using the cli, but can access on the browser. I can also log I through SSH

I tried omv-upgrade. Does that do a major upgrade from 5 -> 6? Other than that I haven't tried to move from 5 -> 6.

Should I try the apt-get commands now?

• yes, do

apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

Done.

Do I need to reboot?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!