No Commandline in console

• The OP seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill in my opinion.

That is one opinion. :D

In the end, I only wanted the system to behave in the presecribed way. As my linux friend said to me, if there was ever a network issue, you would still have the option of connecting a keyboard etc and debugging directly at the system. In my case, not. He agreed completely that actually, the lack of login script etc would probably never be a problem, but also was incredibly curious why it wasn't available.

In general, I am inquisitive and like to understand. Again as a software engineer, if my software should do somtheing and doesn't, I will investigate to understand why. In the linux arena, I am completely lost.

But OK all, I have a solution. Thanks for your support and I will climb my mountain and leave you to your mole hills.

• Offizieller Beitrag

As my linux friend said to me, if there was ever a network issue, you would still have the option of connecting a keyboard etc and debugging directly at the system.

Just remember that it is easy to boot a rescue linux disc. This is sometimes necessary (grub failures) even if the keyboard and mouse are working. Just make sure something like systemrescue boots and has a usable command line

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• chente

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!