Cockpit for OMV6?

• Hi,

When I had OMV5 installed I recalled that you can install cockpit so I can look at the the cpu and memory utilization for dockers. After the upgrade to OMV6, I could not find it. Anybody know how to install or any kind of way to see how to find out cpu and memory utilization in a gui interface?

• Offizieller Beitrag

nybody know how to install or any kind of way to see how to find out cpu and memory utilization in a gui interface?

Did you look in the Diagnostics -> Performance Statistics section?

Otherwise, sudo apt-get install cockpit will install cockpit

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

But it doesn't display the cpu and memory utilization of dockers.

You didn't mention you were looking for docker cpu/memory. Have you looked at container monitoring images like Prometheus? No need for installing packages when you can just create another container. I'm sure there are plenty of other options out there.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you only need info about your local docker containers go with cAdvisor

If you want a complete monitoring solution: influxdb + telegraf + grafana

This evening i can post a docker-compose file for the later if you are interested.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Isn’t that what Doozle does? https://github.com/amir20/dozzle

• Dozzle displays and allows downloading of docker log files.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That’s right. I was close but not quite. Thanks gderf .

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!