OMV Not Booting

• I am not clear, what the current state is and what route you would like to take.

Do you have a fresh installation of OMV 5 running on a new boot disk?

So the next step is to connect the old boot drive in addition to the new one, mount it to /mnt and copy the contents of the directory /mnt/var/lib/docker to /var/lib/docker and /mnt/etc/docker/* to /etc/docker.

This will give you back your docker stuff.

Now disconnect the boot drive and connect the data drives and reconfigure OMV.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Sorry. To be clear: I have a fresh installation of OMV with all updates applied on a new 500GB SSD (was an old 3TB HDD)

I would like to have everything running on the SSD with all my previous data and dockers containers

• ok great. You can follow the steps i described above. Start with docker or the data disks as you like.

If you now have an additional disk for the docker stuff start with the data disks and we move docker off the root partition later.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• ok great. You can follow the steps i described above. Start with docker or the data disks as you like.

If you now have an additional disk for the docker stuff start with the data disks and we move docker off the root partition later.

Alright, so I started with docker. did those 2 folders as you said with a simple "cp -r /mnt/folder/* to /folder". The containers all show up. Great!

However somehow in my infinite wisdom (/s) I put the /config folder on my DATA1 drive...

So i've managed to get all my disks plugged in and I can see them all under Storage>Disks. Should I just mount them?

I'm going to need the SnapRAID and MergerFS config files from the original OS drive right?

• Can you please redo the copy witch cp -rp ... to preserver permissions.

Mount the drives and start configuring OMV. Unfortunately one can not transfer config files.

• Yes, mergerfs just combines the contents of the filesystems you put together.

• The mergerfs should pick up the files in the drives.
    Can you post your config and what is in /srv please.

Do not youe mergerfs any more, so part of whatcomes now is guesswork.

• Did you manage to find the correct directories with your data so the mergerfs shows them?

I tried yesterday evening to simulate your case and it worked.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!