No access to LAN and WLAN after install OMV 5 on Raspberry Pi 4 cuts

• So I've tried doing this a few times now, and I always run into the same issue. It always fails right at the end, after the reboot. When it boots back up, the wifi menu says "no wireless interfaces found" and going to the IP address brings an error. Not even the rooter finds the Raspi.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong with the script?

(wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.…tallScript/master/install | sudo bash)

Or maybe it's something on my end.

Thanks for help!

• geaves

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • The description of your situation is a bit vague:

WiFi menu????

How are you installing? Via ethernet or via WiFi?

You're running RaspiOS Desktop, correct?

Ditch it and run RaspiOS Lite and then try it again.

Or plug a wired cable to the Pi, but OMV with Pi Desktop won't give you much support since both software will be fighting for services.

• Hello and thank you for the quick response.

I think I have tried all variants. With OS light and desktop, over wifi and LAN. You think the safe thing is to connect the Raspi directly to the rooter and control it via ssh.

Everything works until the reboot after the install script. after that I have no access to the raspi. I proceed as follows:

Code
    sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get full-upgrade

sudo reboot

wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/master/install | sudo bash

maybe I missed something.

• apt-get does not have an option full-upgrade (at least to the man page) it uses dist-upgrade. apt has this option which says:

Code
    full-upgrade (apt-get(8))           full-upgrade performs the function of upgrade but will remove currently installed           packages if this is needed to upgrade the system as a whole.

What are you trying to achive with the full-upgrade?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I think I have found the problem. My rooter has assigned a new IP. This was not directly displayed to me. After reboot the rooter and a change in view mode the new IP was visible and: it works.

Thanks anyway for your support

• Petroff

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!