OMV 5 ----> OMV 6 - Upgrade

• openmedianer

Hat das Label OMV 5.x entfernt.
  • Which is the right way? wait a bit

What the developers recommend? wait until OMV6 is final ( actually is RC1)

You can of course do a new fresh install of OMV6 to test it , and check the plugin existence, if a plugin that you use on OMV 5 is not ported to OMV 6 , future upgrade fails, unless you first deinstall orphan plugin.

If you do this way, use a new boot device for test so you can always use your actual OMV 5 boot device to continue working

• openmedianer

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Zitat

votdev:
    OMV5 systems with version 5.6.18 or later can be upgraded via the command line tool omv-release-upgrade. Please note that this migration path has not yet been tested with many systems.

Hello openmediavault supporter, very fastm the upgrade works without problems

Thank you.

openmedianer

• Weird bug (probably at the sssd at the Debian level).I had libnss-sss

dist-upgrade failed to upgrade selinux-policy-default due to sss in /etc/nsswitch.conf without libnss-systemd installed (note that if libnss-systemd is installed the libnss-sss error is masked and all is fine).

Just to note that if omv-release-upgrade fails in the dist-upgrade step, the post.d scripts are not run but they are still available in a temp directory in /var/tmp/tmp.*/post.d. So once the dist-upgrade is sort out one can do:

sudo run-parts /var/tmp/tmp.<random>/post.d

to complete the omv setup. This as omv-release-upgrade I not in OMV 6, ie after the failed dist-upgrade .

The error was :

I will bug report libnss-sss in debian.

• Hallo,

i have crashed my OMV NAS during Update 5 to 6.

My Config: Older Pentium-PC 2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 1xHDD 3TB (DATA), 1 x HDD 1TB (DATA), 1 x HDD 4TB (BACKUP-DATA via RSync Weekly), 1 x SSD 64GB (OMV), 1 x SSD 128GB (OMV Backup-Clon Monthly)

Installed is V5.6.18 and i can´t find future updates. Basis is Debian10.

I tried omv-release-upgrad. It does not work. Any Errors with Repository not found ect. lsb_release -d says 10.12

So i tried to manipulate ect/apt/source.list. There are many solutions in the internet. So i tried to update to Debian11 manualy via apt update / apt upgrade / apt full_upgrade / restart

Then i tried to omv-release-upgrade. Not Found.

Today i can login to see the dashboard-site, but there is no menu available. Only Logout.

Today i will switch to my OMV-Backup SSD. Then copy back and try it again.

What is she right way? Get omv-release-upgrade the Debian11 or must it install separate? Must any list to be manipulated?

My second solution is, to install fresh and imput all data new manually (Write old on Paper and typ in teh new system) -> long way ☹ I don´t know to bind the old data disks.

Can anybody help?

Danny

My Config: J5040-ITX LowPower 7.4W Standby, 32GB RAM, 1xWD RED SSD 500GB System, 1 x HDD 12TB (DATA), Only Fileserver SAMBA and MYSQL-Server

• Hello,

the Backup does not work. Grep-Error. So i have only my original. My Output from original is:

Web Gui without menu. But with SU - with menu.

Autoshutdown is still working but not visible.

apt update Says:

Greetings

Danny

My Config: J5040-ITX LowPower 7.4W Standby, 32GB RAM, 1xWD RED SSD 500GB System, 1 x HDD 12TB (DATA), Only Fileserver SAMBA and MYSQL-Server

• Hello, here the outputs:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list

and from cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list

Code
    deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main contrib non-free
    deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main contrib non-free

• And omv-upgrade as root:

• Can you help? Very friendly!

Best regards Danny

• Offizieller Beitrag

Put an # infront of both lines in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list so that it looks like this

Code
    #deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main contrib non-free
    #deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main contrib non-free

and post the output of

systemctl status proftpd.service

• Hello,

the list is now with #.

Output is:

???

Greeting Danny

• The first Step are Okay and at the end are the following errors:

• dpkg --configure -a

Same Errors

• systemctl status proftpd.service

And....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!