Plugin 5.x after upgrade to OMV 6.0.4-3

• Hi all,

after running omv-release-upgrade from 5.6.20 to OMV 6.x (RC1), I solved varius issues and the system is on.

Now I have a problem to solve: the plugin are still on 5.x.

I manually removed all .deb plugins and purged.

I also have removed and purged openmediavault-omvextrasorg but nothing is changed (see attached img).

At least I tried to reinstall (apt reinstall openmediavault), but nothing.

What I can do now?

PS

1) I also have a OS full backup done before the upgrade (clonezilla) so I can re-run the omv-release-upgrade.

2) I can describe to volker (or others) issues I already solved (#1 not existing salt modules Error that interrupted migration and #2 wrong path of mount in /etc/monit/conf.d)

:)

• What do you have in here: cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list

and what does dpkg -C tell us?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I haven't ovm extras installed now and nothing changes also I install it.

root@nas:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list

cat: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list: File o directory not exists

dpkg -C return nothing

root@nas:~# dpkg -C

root@nas:~#

root@nas:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

ii openmediavault 6.0.4-3 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

• What about re-installing OMV Extras with the official commands?

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install | bash (execute as root)

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Did you uninstall all OMV 5 plugins that do not have a released OMV 6 version of the plugin before performing the upgrade?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Did you uninstall all OMV 5 plugins that do not have a released OMV 6 version of the plugin before performing the upgrade?

No I did not. It's a mistake, but I didn't (and I don't think I'll be the only one).

I think there must be a solution, specially now that I removed all plugin.

• Hello,

I have bad news only.

I performed these steps:

- restored OMV5 system from clonezilla backup

- uninstalled all OVM plugins from the web interface

- run apt update && apt -y upgrade

- run omv-release-upgrade

omv-release-upgrade went into error, again, in the same way as 1 week ago and with the same 2 errors (see photo).

1st error it's caused by missing folder /lib/python3/ in the system.

Workarounds applied to the tray to complete the update are:

scp -r root@192.168.1.142: /lib/python3/.  /lib # 192.168.1.142 is a fresh VMWare installation of OMV6

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

for the 2nd error steps are:

nano /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf

and replacing "/usr/bin/mount" with "/bin/mount"

After reboot the system with OMV6 is on, but the plugin list are always the 5.x

Now I have 2 ways:

1) continue to help developers community, if they need my tests ( VOTDEV in first )

2) give up and perform a new fresh OMV6 install

• I am seeing the same .py errors as you have. Not sure if I saw the mount errors or not though. Maybe a dev will reply here and let us know when they made some changes so we can try to upgrade again.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The fact that /usr/bin/mount is not found tells me that usrmerge is most likely not installed.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• usrmerge is not installed on my OMV 5. Should this package have been pulled in during the omv-release-upgrade upgrade attempt?

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

usrmerge is not installed on my OMV 5. Should this package have been pulled in during the omv-release-upgrade upgrade attempt?

OMV 5 should really be /usr merged (not necessarily have usrmerge installed). There are only a few packages on OMV 5 (nut is one) that need usrmerge. And Volker has said he does not want to automatically install usrmerge on upgrades.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• OMV 5 should really be /usr merged (not necessarily have usrmerge installed). There are only a few packages on OMV 5 (nut is one) that need usrmerge. And Volker has said he does not want to automatically install usrmerge on upgrades.

in OMV 6 (fresh install) /usr/bin/mount exists (check it out for yourself).

OMV5 don't have it and I don't have never installed usrmerge.

Now /usr/bin/mount it is missing in my system after migration.

Code
    root@OMV6new:~# cat /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf | grep mount
    # Try to auto-mount a filesystem if it is missing. Alert if the filesystem
    check program mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-uuid-652f2774-bceb-43af-af08-a5d53f3a72af with path "/bin/mountpoint '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-652f2774-bceb-43af-af08-a5d53f3a72af'"
    then exec "/usr/bin/mount '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-652f2774-bceb-43af-af08-a5d53f3a72af'"

root@OMV6new:~# ls -al /usr/bin/mount
    -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 55528 28 lug 20.09 /usr/bin/mount

root@OMV6new:~# dpkg -S /usr/bin/mount
    dpkg-query: nessun percorso corrispondente a /usr/bin/mount
    • Offizieller Beitrag

OMV5 don't have it and I don't have never installed usrmerge.

Just depends on how you installed. The package will only put the command in one place but you should have these symlinks. Just install the package and you won't have the issues.

Code
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root root      7 Mar 25  2021 bin -> usr/bin
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root root      8 Mar 25  2021 sbin -> usr/sbin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!