omv extras 6.0.4 does not show correctly after upgrade from 5.x.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

done.

No change.

If you don't want to post the output, I can't keep helping.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ?(

• I came across this thread several times now. To me it looks like the correct plugins are installed in the correct version 6.x, but OMV does not pick up the information.

Where does OMV take the information about installed plugins from? Maybe it is time to look there.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Where does OMV take the information about installed plugins from?

plugins are just debian packages. So, apt/dpkg is where it gets the info from.

What is the output of: apt-cache search openme

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• as requested..

• Offizieller Beitrag

as requested..

So, it is finding all of the plugins. What about: apt-cache policy "openmediavault-*"

If this last command shows the same plugins with 6.x versions, then everything is working. If you still don't see plugins in the plugins tab, that is very strange. You will have to put the engined in debug and post that output.

• so engined in debug mode....(how?)

• Offizieller Beitrag

so engined in debug mode....(how?)

sudo monit stop omv-engined

sudo omv-engined -df

navigate to the plugin tab and see what the output says.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, I'm done. Everything in that output is still 5.x. I have no idea why but I need to spend more time on 6.x plugins. Something about your upgrade went very bad with your upgrade. Send the system to me and might spend more time on it. But this command or two at time is taking too much of my sanity when everything on the command line is ok.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can clone the system and upload it for you only somewhere

Just give me a link. I don't have anything that really has that much space in the cloud.

• I am having similar problems trying to upgrade my OMV 5.6.21-1 to OMV 6 via the omv-release-upgrade route.

I uninstalled all plugins including omv-extras first.

The lengthy upgrade ran flawlessly but the OMV 6 that was the result has a lot of breakage. I did install omv-extras via wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ckages/raw/master/install | bash

But what I got was that all ten listed plugins have OMV 5 version numbers, none of the extras plugins are shown, and several services that are in fact running don't display on the Services page.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I uninstalled all plugins including omv-extras first.

You shouldn't have to do this unless the plugin hasn't been ported to OMV 6.x (even then it shouldn't break omv 6.x). I honestly haven't upgraded yet. Too busy trying to finish the 6.x plugins. I guess I will have to try it.

• You shouldn't have to do this unless the plugin hasn't been ported to OMV 6.x (even then it shouldn't break omv 6.x). I honestly haven't upgraded yet. Too busy trying to finish the 6.x plugins. I guess I will have to try it.

I agree that I shouldn't have had to do this, but based on past upgrades where I didn't, things did not go well and removing the plugins first made the difference.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

based on past upgrades where I didn't, things did not go well and removing the plugins first made the difference.

I'm hoping this version is different. 4 to 5 was a tough upgrade because of the transition from omv-mkconf to saltstack. Even thought the web interface is a big change in 6.x, having the old 5.x plugins installed doesn't break it.

• I'll try again some time later, perhaps if I see reports that identified problems have been addressed.

At least the update attempt wasn't disruptive. During the upgrade, all my services and dockers continued to run, and they did run fine after the first reboot. I even installed all the plugins I had by hand with the 6.x versions, but they never showed up in any part of the GUI so they didn't work AFAIK.

Rebooting to my old 5.x put me back where I was easily.

--

• but they never showed up in any part of the GUI so they didn't work AFAIK

Maybe nothing but did you tried to clear the cache (or run incognito/inPrivate) ?

Haven't tried an omv-release-upgrade update yet so just dropping this from mind...

• Maybe nothing but did you tried to clear the cache (or run incognito/inPrivate) ?

Haven't tried an omv-release-upgrade update yet so just dropping this from mind...

Of course I tried clearing the cache. I also visited OMV from a browser that had never been there before.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!