omv extras 6.0.4 does not show correctly after upgrade from 5.x.x

• noiro

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • noiro

Hat den Titel des Themas von „omv extras 6.0.4 does not show correctly“ zu „omv extras 6.0.4 does not show correctly after upgrade from 5.x.x“ geändert.
  • Go figure it is the dpkg-divert stuff...

https://github.com/openmediava….d/10-enable-omv-mkaptidx

My main system did revert the change and worked. For anyone who's upgrade fails and they go the dist-upgrade route, omv-mkaptidx will have to be fixed. with the commands in the link above.

Thanks for the solution. Some of post scripts seem not apply correctly during the release-upgrade on my OMV. However, i manually fix them up now.

OMV 6.0.20-1 (Shaitan) | Linux 5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 | omvextrasorg 6.0.8

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some of post scripts seem not apply correctly during the release-upgrade on my OMV. However, i manually fix them up now.

If the upgrade fails, they don't get run. I did write a small fix script for those cases. It obviously won't cover everything though. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…lob/master/fix5to6upgrade

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron

I have seen more than one upgrade which failed, because apt-get (in the omv-release-upgrade) will remove openmediavault before any plugins and the plugins souce /usr/shar/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions. Getting this rigt is not so easy, as you can not run omv-release-upgrade (because of the missing packages, whic hwere to be reinstalled).

I am at my OMV on the weekend and will try to find out what is happening. Your fix-Script might come handy doing so.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have seen more than one upgrade which failed, because apt-get (in the omv-release-upgrade) will remove openmediavault before any plugins and the plugins souce /usr/shar/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions. Getting this rigt is not so easy, as you can not run omv-release-upgrade (because of the missing packages, whic hwere to be reinstalled).

If you find something to add to the fix script, that would be great. I haven't used it much because I haven't tested a lot of upgrades and when I do, they haven't failed.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!