Qbittorrent the web gui interface don't work

• Hi everybody, I have installed qBittorrent_VPN on my Open Media Vault via docker.

For this scope I used the follow stack:

until yesterday everything worked fine, then I turned off the NAS and when I turned it on I could no longer access the qbittorrent web gui. I paste the log file which I hope will help to understand what the problem may be.

Hello and thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

Something is happening with that container. I have seen several threads lately with the same problem.

I ignore the solution to this problem, but I take the opportunity to say that you should not use user 998 in a container. It should be anyone over 1000.

• I use the same image for quite some time now and have not had any problems.

Try adding this line to the stack environment: and redeploy the stack.

WEBUI_PORT=8080

I also do not use PUID=998, that is the OMV admin user.

And I have the network as:

LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was thinking the LAN_NETWORK didn't look right, but he said it had been working and I'm guessing if he changed that and it didn't work he'd have changed it back

• I was thinking the LAN_NETWORK didn't look right, but he said it had been working and I'm guessing if he changed that and it didn't work he'd have changed it back

I used 192.168.1.1 why this is the IP address of my router ... Yes I confirm that for some days Qbittorrent work very fine, I used it every day without any problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes I confirm that for some days Qbittorrent work very fine, I used it every day without any problem

After installing this container, was this the first reboot?

• Offizieller Beitrag

gderf is right. In the container documentation they specify that this variable must be reflected with CIDR notation

https://hub.docker.com/r/markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn

Change this line to

- LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24

This means that all IPs within the 192.168.1. subnet are valid. with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 This includes your router address 192.168.1.1 and all addresses up to 192.168.1.254

Change user 998 to a user created by you. Any user you create will have an id above 1000. Here is the explanation to this.

[How to] Prepare OMV to install docker applications

• Now work fine, thanks very mutch...I changed LAN_Network from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.0/24 and now I enter on web GUI.
    Thanks very mutch

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Remember to change the user who uses the container. User 998 is user admin. This user should not be defined within a container, it may create other problems later.

• Remember to change the user who uses the container. User 998 is user admin. This user should not be defined within a container, it may create other problems later.

Thanks, I create a new user and I changed the PGID and PUID with the new valors.
    A curiosity: From now, when I install a container I must use the PGID and PUID of the new user?

You suggest me to change the PGID and PUID of the old container (where I indicated the admin valors) with the new?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks, I create a new user and I changed the PGID and PUID with the new valors.
    A curiosity: From now, when I install a container I must use the PGID and PUID of the new user?

You suggest me to change the PGID and PUID of the old container (where I indicated the admin valors) with the new?

Yes. Read the guide referenced in post Nº 7 of this thread.

The created user must have access to the volumes defined in each container or it will not work. It is explained in that guide as well.

Defining the admin user is the easy way, you have access to everything. That's why some youtubers do it, to avoid explaining this. But it creates other problems.

• Offizieller Beitrag

except for Plex because changing the old values with the new doesn't work

If it doesn't work, it will probably be because you didn't give that user permissions on the volumes defined in the Plex container.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!