OMV5 Docker keep crashing

• I'm having a wierd error for the last couple of week. it's hard to pin down as been doing some changes on my setup to install the following dockers(both have been marked as stopped for over a week) :

• pihole
    • traefik

this issue is that all my Docker seem to disappeared, the docker service is still running but it has no docker loaded. this seem to be happpen at a random time though i would only notice when i try to access one of the services (usually my plex server).

here is the wired part. if i reboot my server or simply restart docker al my container load back up, until they all drop of course.

one extra piece of info : in adding PIhole i ran into network conflics and had to do some changes in some the network setting file (follows instruction on forum) but this seemto have affected OMV in that i could connect to the update servers anymore. i did a reset of the network setting and it fix the issue. or i though it did

debug done so far :

• disabled Pihole and traefix
    • reset all nextwork configuration to default
    • uninstalled Docker and reinstalled it
    • when it happens i check the OVM docker panel is stated that it's installed and running but it also states that portainer

More info :

• i've move the docker storage to an other share / drive
    • system is up to date at version 5.6.20-1
    • is use watchtower to keep my dockers up to data (note : i though i had disabled it but i had not. just did that to see if that would be the culprit)

i'm trying to find the logs that could help me but i'm unsure which one would have the info i need . any help would be appreciated

• Do the docker containers all stop at the same time?

Usually each container writes its own log, even on shutdown. Check why the are stopped by looking nto the logs of any of your containers.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• they all go down at the same time. just check at 6am this morning. good idea about the individual log. just check one of the application logs and it's full of access denied error to it's main config share

• So you need to find out what is going on in your system at 6am. I think it is not related to docker at all.

Backup?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• If you get access denied to a file system the reason is not a reboot.

If you mounted smb / nfs shares into you containers check if the smb service goes down before your docker daemon stops.

If the contaier just crash because of the wrong shutdown order change the restart policy from unless-stopped to allways and they will start even if they crashed (due to the permission denied error).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!