Wireguard on OMV5 docker

• Hi, I followed the guide of this forum for install wireguard in OMV5 in a docker container

Is it normal that I can no longer access the porainer or OMV5? if I enter the IP address of my NAS (192.168.1.18:9000) I cannot access the portainer. Even if I enter 192.168.1.18 I cannot access OMV, if I deactivate the Wireguard client, on the other hand, I can access OMV and the porttainer.
    How can I solve?

Thanks and ciao

• Here the stack, thanks...yes I followed that guide

• I don't see anything wrong.

The client is an android smartphone? If so, can you post the client configuration? Skip sensitive data again

Do you have another wireguard tunnel configured?

Clear your browser's cache.

• I don't see anything wrong.

The client is an android smartphone? If so, can you post the client configuration? Skip sensitive data again

Do you have another wireguard tunnel configured?

I suspect the problem is upstream. On my OMV (that work on Asrock J4105B-ITX Gemini Lake, with 4GB DDR4, two 3TB HD IronWolf) I have installed in addition to the system administrator (root) also another user named Lillo. If I enter OMV in the users section I only see Lillo and not root. Also via ssh I have admin / user problems. Can I reinstall OMV (maybe 6) without losing the data of the two HDs put in mirror mode? if so, can you tell me a guide to follow?

• I just saw a change in the linuxserver documentation. They seem to have changed the address to unload the container. I don't know how this will affect a newly deployed container.

Stop the container and edit the stack, change the line

image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/wireguard

by

image: lscr.io/linuxserver/wireguard

then restart the container and test.

• In the user section of the GUI you should not see the root user. It is correct as you see it.

What problems exactly? Can't log in with root?

But if I enter as root I must see the root user or no? whether I log as root or as Lillo, I see only Lillo user
    I tried to install wireguard not on docker container, but on debian system. I logged into the system as root and installed and, via ssh I launched curl -L h t t p s ://install.pivpn.io | bash and then sudo apt-get install vim. But there was this error:

unable to create directory" / home / Lillo / configs ": File or directory does not exist

chown: invalid group: "Lillo: Lillo"

chmod: unable to access '/ home / Lillo / configs': File or directory does not exist

• But if I enter as root I must see the root user or no?

There are more users on the system besides root, admin and Lillo. Only users that you have created appear in the OMV GUI. The others do not appear but are there. In the OMV GUI you must always log in with the user admin.

I tried to install wireguard not on docker container, but on debian system.

Does this mean that you have installed it from CLI? In docker? On the host directly? What was the procedure?

I logged into the system as root and installed and, via ssh I launched curl -L h t t p s ://install.pivpn.io | bash and then sudo apt-get install vim.

I think this is going to create other problems that I don't know how to solve. This is probably why you cannot access the GUI.

It will take the help of Zoki or macom or someone with more experience than me to fix this...

• Is it normal that I can no longer access the porainer or OMV5?

This happens where? From outside of the network?

As, are you on a different WAN when you try this?

• I tried to install wireguard not on docker container, but on debian system. I logged into the system as root and installed and, via ssh I launched curl -L h t t p s ://install.pivpn.io | bash and then sudo apt-get install vim. But there was this error:

unable to create directory" / home / Lillo / configs ": File or directory does not exist

chown: invalid group: "Lillo: Lillo"

chmod: unable to access '/ home / Lillo / configs': File or directory does not exist

If you log in as user root, what is it doing in the directory /home/Lillo?

By default users created by OMV do not have a home directory, so it is expected that /home/Lillo does not exist.

Why do you change the installation method. If something can be installed in a docker container, this is to be preffered.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here and write up your solution for others.

• Sorry, I am not going to analyze a 2k+ lines script executed as root.

Do you have a backup of your OS disk?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here and write up your solution for others.

• Pietrogramma

If you have a backup of your system you should use it to restore it and remove what you did, as Zoky says. Otherwise you will have no choice but to reinstall.

Next time follow the guide and you will not have problems. Don't install anything from the command line if you're not sure it won't break the system. Sorry.

• If you log in as user root, what is it doing in the directory /home/Lillo?

By default users created by OMV do not have a home directory, so it is expected that /home/Lillo does not exist.

Why do you change the installation method. If something can be installed in a docker container, this is to be preffered.

if I log in as root in CLI the home / lillo directory does not exist.

I didn't know wireguard could be installed in docker, now having read the guide i would prefer it but i have the problems i highlighted above.

I would like to reinstall OMV from scratch, but I am afraid of losing the data of the two hard drives that are mirrored for now.

If I install from a new OMV (maybe 6) can I connect the two hard disks and keep all the data contained in the Myfiles folder?
    Re-installing everything again would fix another problem with the server not restarting. Whenever I want to shut down or restart it I have to do it manually.

Thanks and ciao

If you have a backup of your system you should use it to restore it and remove what you did, as Zoky says. Otherwise you will have no choice but to reinstall.

Next time follow the guide and you will not have problems. Don't install anything from the command line if you're not sure it won't break the system. Sorry.

I have installed Duplicati and I have a backup of the "sorce" folder of the 17 november, I can use it?

• If you reinstall you will not loose the data in your mirror, but take OMV5 for now untill the remaining isues with OMV6 are sorted out.

Do not forget to unplug the data drives during installation.

Duplicati is not the way to clone the root drive. Use Clonzilla.

• If you reinstall you will not loose the data in your mirror, but take OMV5 for now untill the remaining isues with OMV6 are sorted out.

Thanks Zoki, I will follow your indication...please, can you tell me a tutorial for install OMV5 in my NAS (I haven't raspberry but a Asrock J4105B-ITX Gemini Lake, with 4GB DDR4, with two 3TB HD IronWolf and a SSD for the SO....Thanks

Hi Zoki, I installed a new OMV5, following the guide that indicated me Chente (I used another HD so I can always go back to the old OMV) . When I installed the new OMV I unplugged the two HD from the system.
    Now that all seems to be ok, I plugged the two HD, but now How i must mount they in OMV? I see they in RAID section but not in File System sectin (I attache three screenshot).

Thanks and ciao

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!