Mergerfs issues after upgrade

• Hi! I upgraded from OMV 5 to 6. Most things are working fine. I can still see the drives, partitions and folders I shared.

But here are some issues I am running into:

• Storage>File System: does not show the mergerfs pool, see below

• Going into "Shared Folders" or "mergerfs" results in this error message:

• Going into "/srv" folder, the mergerfs partition "6c2eb5fc-cf19-49a2-a34b-c0f69b2328a7" is present and contents can be seen
    • I tried to uninstall and reinstall omv-extras, and mergerfs plugin, and I get these error messages:

Any advice?

• Ran sudo omv-salt deploy run mergerfs and got this:

• What is the output of: sudo omv-showkey mergerfs

omv 6.0.8-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 6.0.5 | kvm plugin 6.0.3
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• There were updates for omv and the mergerfs plugin. This is the update log:

• I saw somewhere else you asked for these so I found the following:

• Can you post the output of: sudo /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/create.d/conf.service.mergerfs.sh

omv 6.0.8-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 6.0.5 | kvm plugin 6.0.3

• What is the output of:

sudo omv-showkey mntent

sudo omv-showkey mergerfsfolders

• sudo omv-showkey mntent:

and for sudo omv-showkey mergerfsfolders

No output

Thank you for helping!

Also I removed mntent for the old mergerfs from config.xml which allowed mergerfs tab to load on the webUI

• Also I removed mntent for the old mergerfs from config.xml which allowed mergerfs tab to load on the webU

When? That really changes the exact state I am trying to determine. I need to see:

sudo omv-showkey mergerfs

• When? That really changes the exact state I am trying to determine. I need to see:

sudo omv-showkey mergerfs

I edited that after sudo omv-showkey mergerfsfolders showed the output from Mergerfs issues after upgrade">#6 post

so now it shows no output

for sudo omv-showkey mergerfs

• I edited that after sudo omv-showkey mergerfsfolders showed the output from Mergerfs issues after upgrade">#6 post

so now it shows no output

for sudo omv-showkey mergerfs

If you deleted the mntent for c6a9724d-5004-42d2-a791-211aa2697465, that is what is causing the problem. You will have to delete the mergerfs pool and create a new one.

• If you deleted the mntent for c6a9724d-5004-42d2-a791-211aa2697465, that is what is causing the problem. You will have to delete the mergerfs pool and create a new one.

If I revert back to the old config.xml, then I am back to the error message in the original post. The "shared folder" will not load and comes with this error message:

I am okay rebuild mergerfs configuration but not sure how

• If I revert back to the old config.xml, then I am back to the error message in the original post. The "shared folder" will not load and comes with this error message:

I don't know where that puts the database. So, don't do that. Just create a new pool. Which part do you not know how to do?

After creating the new pool, just edit the shared folder to point to the new pool.

• I don't know where that puts the database. So, don't do that. Just create a new pool. Which part do you not know how to do?

After creating the new pool, just edit the shared folder to point to the new pool.

OK so when I try to recreate mergerfs, this is the error I have:

Code
    OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/mergerfs/pools'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:262
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/mergerfs.inc(113): OMV\Config\Database->set(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject))
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceMergerfs->set(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Mergerfs', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!