ruTorrent - changing download locations

• Hey guys. After some struggling, I've managed to deploy ruTorrent, via stack. Here's my code:

But, I've tried everything to get an option to be able to select custom folder where I want my downloads to go (Movies, tv shoes, music etc.). But no luck. Any of you guys have an idea how to do this?

I also have these options attached to my message, but these are only subfolders of that main downloads folder. And that doesn't work for me.

• Because it says: "THIS IMAGE IS DEPRECATED. Please migrate to crazy-max's image."

But I couldn't install that crazy max image for the life of me.

This one works fine, I just need to know how to add more custom folders. I mean, don't you all download to your own movies and tv shows folders, for the sake of Plex and stuff like that? Or you download all to one folder?!

• Because it says: "THIS IMAGE IS DEPRECATED. Please migrate to crazy-max's image."

But I couldn't install that crazy max image for the life of me.

This one works fine, I just need to know how to add more custom folders. I mean, don't you all download to your own movies and tv shows folders, for the sake of Plex and stuff like that? Or you download all to one folder?!

While that may be the case, looking at the github for the image your using.. it hasn't seen an update since August 2019. So while it may not technically be deprecated, it's certainly not being actively maintained.

Beyond that though.. just add more volumes in the docker-compose

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• I will try another image, that's not a problem.

Beyond that though.. just add more volumes in the docker-compose

I know where to add it, but i tried and it doesn't work. The ruTorrent gui starts with an error or it doesn't add those folders. Let me show you. Check the screenshot. This is my code:

• I will try another image, that's not a problem.

I know where to add it, but i tried and it doesn't work. The ruTorrent gui starts with an error or it doesn't add those folders. Let me show you. Check the screenshot. This is my code:

Just swapping images may not get the result you want, depending on how the containers are designed. That said, change your bind to /downloads/tvshows and /downloads/movies and redeploy the container

In your pic, you're under the downloads folder.. in your mapping you're not. That should fix it.

Edited once, last by KM0201 ().

• Is /MainPool a mergerfs?

If it is, you need to move the config folder elsewhere. To a simple FS folder.

• I have no idea what you guys talk about. :D If it was not noticable before, I'm a OMV noobie, trying my best. My filesystem is ZFS pool of 3 drives. /MainPool is my main and only pool. You can see my containers folders, where I placed every /config, on the screenshot.

In the end, I did it like this:

Code
    /MainPool/Containers/rutorrent:/config
    - /MainPool:/downloads

It's a workaround, but this way I can get to all of my folders.

• I have no idea what you guys talk about. :D If it was not noticable before, I'm a OMV noobie, trying my best. My filesystem is ZFS pool of 3 drives. /MainPool is my main and only pool. You can see my containers folders, where I placed every /config, on the screenshot.

Then do not worry. Soma was referring to mergerfs unions. They usually give problems if you configure the config folder or the docker folder in them.

In a ZFS pool you shouldn't have problems.

Regardless of this, it is always advisable to have these folders on a separate drive and if it can be faster than the rest (SSD, NVMe, ...), docker applications appreciate it.

• Well, my OMV system is on a small 20GB SSD, but to be honest with you, I didn't know how to place them there. Can I move them now? I can just remap the paths in the portainer. I just don't know how to do that.

Will they grow over time? Since I only have 5-6GBs of free space available on that SSD.

• Well, my OMV system is on a small 20GB SSD, but to be honest with you, I didn't know how to place them there. Can I move them now? I can just remap the paths in the portainer. I just don't know how to do that.

Will they grow over time? Since I only have 5-6GBs of free space available on that SSD.

Do not do it. On the contrary, outside the OMV unit is better than inside. Also you only have 20GB, it would fill up quickly and you would have bigger problems.

• Cool, thanks!

So, should I do something with the Containers folder? Move it somewhere? I'm referring to this:

Regardless of this, it is always advisable to have these folders on a separate drive and if it can be faster than the rest (SSD, NVMe, ...), docker applications appreciate it.

• Got you! ;)

One problem at a time... did rutorrent start working w/ the new paths I suggested?

Edit: Nevermind, I see what you did. That's a pretty dangerous way of doing this... especially w/ a torrent client that depending on what you're downloading, could be from unscrupulous sources.

• Is there a particular reason you are married to rutorrent? There's a lot of good torrent clients (deluge, transmission, qbitorrent etc.) that are actively maintained by the linuxserver team

• Also, if you absolutely want it to have "tv shows"... you were in the downloads folder, you'd have to go up.

All you would have had to do was map it like this...

/MainPool/Media/TvShows:/downloads/tvshows

/MainPool/Media/Movies:/downloads/movies

and it would have accomplished what you wanted rather than sharing your whole root partition of the drive.

• Is there a particular reason you are married to rutorrent? There's a lot of good torrent clients (deluge, transmission, qbitorrent etc.) that are actively maintained by the linuxserver team

Not really, but I've used uTorrent for years and this one is very similar to it. I've tried qbittorrent, and I don't really like it. I also tried deluge. I haven't tried transmission. I could give it a shot.

I will try your suggestion in your last message. Thanks!

• Not really, but I've used uTorrent for years and this one is very similar to it. I've tried qbittorrent, and I don't really like it. I also tried deluge. I haven't tried transmission. I could give it a shot.

I will try your suggestion in your last message. Thanks!

I don't personally care for deluge either.

Transmission.. I like so long as I don't use the default UI.

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/transmission

If you look there are 3 or 4 different webUIs you can set in the environment. I greatly prefer transmission-web-control

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!