How to share HDD in 6.0.5-3 (Shaitan)

• Hi Folks,

I try to share my Plex Data HDD with my Win10 PC. But i fail.

I installed RaspiLite and Plex, everything is working fine. The HDD is ext4 and connected with USB to my Pi4.

When i log in to OMV i can see th HDD, but i cant figure out how set it up correctly.

Can anybody help with this ?

I only want a Network Drive in my Explorer to copy things on my Plex Drive.

• I guess in the new GUI i have to go to Storage->Shared Folders then create a new one ? That dosn´t work, i can give a Name but i can´t chose a File system but it is required.

The Help System is for an old version i think

• Did you mlunt the disk with OMV or did you mount with fstab manually?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here and write up your solution for others.

• how to do that ?

i changed fstab line for mounting with "#" ( plex isn´t working anymore)

rebooted .. and now i see the same things in OMV

• did you unmount the disk or reboot? If not, do it first.

Then im OMV

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here and write up your solution for others.

• ok

got it,

thank you so far. i have to figure out how to find the relative path to my Movie and Series Folder but i guess i can do that.

• And i forgot to tell you that i use the new version

================================================================================
    = openmediavault information
    ================================================================================
    Release: 6.0.5-3
    Codename: Shaitan

it looks a lot different, and that is the problem.

• You are using OMV 6. It is not yet the stable version of OMV, although it should be stable enough that you will not have problems. That is why the documentation for this version is not yet published.

Regarding the mounting of disks, in OMV all the mounts are done in the GUI. CLI mounts with disks will give you trouble.

Take a look at the documentation (even OMV5) to get up to speed. The concepts are the same.

Clear your browser's cache.

• votdev

Added the Label OMV 6.x (RC1)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!