Error messages: Check updates in Web GUI

• Hello,

I received the following error messages when I do an update via the Web GUI.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks8)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes. And also check at least once a month for updates and restart.

If the plugins you need have already been ported you can try OMV6.

• Thanks!

I think i will first of all start with OMV 5. Or is there any benefit to switch directly to OMV6?

Is there any option to update automatically every month?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think i will first of all start with OMV 5. Or is there any benefit to switch directly to OMV6?

Is there any option to update automatically every month?

You have two options.

Option 1. Upgrade your system to OMV5. Solve the problems that arise. To breathe. Upgrade your system to OMV6. Solve the problems that arise. To breathe.

Option 2. Disconnect your hard drives. Do an OMV6 installation. Connect your hard drives. Enjoy.

It's up to you.

Updates are semi-automatic. The security ones are applied automatically. Others do not. Getting used to entering your server once a month and spending 5 minutes can be a healthy habit that will save you spending much more time than those 5 minutes later.

• I updated now to OMV 5 through the upgrade script but still have an error message when I want to do an update:

• Also I receive the following error messages when I want to activate FTP:

Guess anything went wrong with the update ;(

• You messed with the apt sources. What is this ppa:

Zitat

Err:13 http://ppa.launchpad.net/kyle1117/ppa/ubuntu cosmic InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 3028C3C96AD57103

Reading package lists...

W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net/kyle1117/ppa/ubuntu cosmic InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 3028C3C96AD57103

Can you remove it?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• unfortunately not.

Go to the directory /etc/apt/sources.list.d

Find the file which defines this repository

Edit this file and put a # before the line.

rerun update script

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Thanks, I see those files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d

Code
    armbian.list             openmediavault-kernel-backports.list
    armbian.list.disabled         openmediavault.list
    armbian.list.save         openmediavault.list.save
    kyle1117-ubuntu-ppa-cosmic.list  openmediavault-local.list
    omv-extras-org.bak         openmediavault-os-security.list

How can I edit these files?

• This is the culprit: kyle1117-ubuntu-ppa-cosmic.list

Someone installed something on you OMV server which does not have an update available.

I do not know of an easy way to find out what has been installed from this repo, but from googling it could be cloudshell.

Check if cloudshell ist installed

dpkg -l | grep cloudshell

Remove the packages by apt-get remove <package_name> (<package_name> is the second column in the result of the command above)

Remove the file kyle1117-ubuntu-ppa-cosmic.list by rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kyle1117-ubuntu-ppa-cosmic.list 

Update and re-install whatever you uninstalled und still need

• Sorry but there is no feedback from the command:

dpkg -l | grep cloudshell

But I see some old plugins. Is this maybe the reason for the error message?

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii  openmediavault                                              5.6.21-2                            all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ic  openmediavault-backup                                       4.0.6                               all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory                                  4.2.2                               all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring                                      1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg                                 5.6.5                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-usbbackup                                    5.0.9-1                             all          openmediavault USB/eSATA backup plugin

:!: Odroid HC2 - OMV 5 - 3TB Hard Drive :!:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ChrisBuzz ()

• Remove the file kyle1117-ubuntu-ppa-cosmic.list by rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kyle1117-ubuntu-ppa-cosmic.list

It is there, but not used any more I guess.

the update.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!