Monitoring alerts, related to rrdcached and collectd

• I recently setup an OMV 5 file server. I enabled email notifications, and in every boot I received 6 emails: 4 related to rrdcached and 2 related to collectd. The emails I receive are the following (in order of time received, although they are all received at almost the same time, so the order is not necessarily representative):

Regarding the rrdcached messages, I read here that it is not something to worry about. After reading this tread (rrdcached service, running/not running, does not exist?), I made the changes indicated there (about OMV_MONIT_DELAY_SECONDS variable), and I will see again tomorrow morning if I get the related messages again. Although I do not understand why I get the same 2 messages twice about rrdcached.

What about the 2 collectd messages? Why are there at the first place? Is it something to worry about and how could I get rid of them?

• What is the output of systemctl status collectd.service

I do not have access to the OMV server right now, it is shut down (every Friday, after the daily backup, I get a Clonezilla image of the boot disk, and the server goes to sleep :) ). I will be back on Monday with the report. Thank you very much!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. If the first two lines read

Code
    ● collectd.service - Statistics collection and monitoring daemon
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/collectd.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)

please run

omv-salt deploy run collectd and post the output

and then systemctl status collectd.service again and post the output

• What is the output of systemctl status collectd.service

• Yes, this is the output. Here are the outputs of these 2 commands:

command1.txt (too long to copy it here)

command2:

• Thank you very much for your help!

Yes, it seems to be solved. But, this morning upon startup, I received these 2 emails notifications, related to rrdcached again:

Code
    The system monitoring needs your attention.

Host:        \openmediavault
    Date:        Tue, 14 Dec 2021 07:20:22
    Service:     rrdcached
    Event:       Exists
    Description: process is running with pid 749

This triggered the monitoring system to: alert

and

Code
    The system monitoring needs your attention.

Host:        \openmediavault
    Date:        Tue, 14 Dec 2021 07:19:50
    Service:     rrdcached
    Event:       Does not exist
    Description: process is not running

This triggered the monitoring system to: restart

Any ideas?

• Here it is:

• run omv-salt deploy run rrdcached and check if the issue is solved after that

I run the command, reboot, and I did not get any email alert this time !!!!

Thank you very much macom!!

I did not understand if these warnings reflected any malfunction in OVM, since everything works fine!

• root@openmediavault:~# omv-env get OMV_MONIT_DELAY_SECONDS

OMV_MONIT_DELAY_SECONDS=60

root@openmediavault:~# systemctl is-enabled rrdcached

rrdcached.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install.

Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install is-enabled rrdcached

enabled

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!