OMV on Raspberry and SD Card full!

• Hi everyone.

Looking at my signature hardware, I have a problem on the SD Card which appears to be completely full.

How can I go about checking and deleting junk files? Is there a plugin?

Unfortunately I don't know linux and I don't know how to check ...

Thank you all

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB RAM + MicroSD 32GB Samsung UHS-I

FANTEC QB-35US3-6G Usb 3.0 Box Case + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD

• Offizieller Beitrag

Usually when this happens it is because you have configured docker containers directly on the OMV disk. Install WinSCP to see your folders and where you have the problem.

https://openmediavault.readthe…/newuserguide.html#winscp

You will have to make a copy of your container config folder and change it disk, if this is the real problem.

Take a look here and see how you should do it so it doesn't happen again.

[How to] Prepare OMV to install docker applications

• So, the problem could be due to the fact that, sometimes due to power cuts, when restarting the Raspberry fails to mount the USB disks and I am forced to restart the containers.

In these cases, the doker apps, I guess, are going to write to the SD instead of USB disks.

I connected via WinSCP, but I don't understand what I can delete ...

Here is described how to find out what is filling your root fs

[How-To] Fix full OS filesystem - GUI login loop

now I read this topic well and I will try to follow the directions.

in the meantime, thanks for the support :)

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

• Tell us more about your docker setup. Did you move the docker files off the sd-card?

If you changed it, how did you do it and where did you place it..

Do you use the USB-disk for anything else than docker? In that case (disk not mounted on reboot), I would be more concerned about /srv/dev-disk-by-... folders being filled with data which should not go there.

Eigther way, you will only find the files, if you unmount the USB-disk when checking used space.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Tell us more about your docker setup. Did you move the docker files off the sd-card?

Eigther way, you will only find the files, if you unmount the USB-disk when checking used space.

Docker Storage has the same folder as you

Code
    /var/lib/docker

But when i use a docker compose on Portainer, i use usb disks. example:

Zitat

In that case (disk not mounted on reboot), I would be more concerned about /srv/dev-disk-by-... folders being filled with data which should not go there.

I think this is the problem

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think you should check your volume paths. Make sure they are well defined and pointed at the disks.

On the other hand, if you read the guide I mentioned in post # 2 of this thread, you will see that the var/lib/docker folder is preferably on another disk.

• To find the data on your disk:

- stop all services in omv except ssh

- go to the command line by ssh

- become root and be careful from now on

- stop the docker daemon (will stop all containers too) systemctl stop docker

- unmount you disks

- mount

- cd /srv

- du -xud1

post the outpur of the last three commands

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• If I change the installation path of the docker from

Code
    / var / lib / docker (SD CARD)

to

Code
    / srv / dev-disk-by-id-usb-WDC_WD10_EARS-00Y5B1_152D00539000-0-0-part2 / omv / docker (USB HDD)

and I transfer the content, can it work? and then I delete the content from the SD CARD.

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

• Do it like this:

1. Stop the docker daemon (and all containers with it) systemctl stop docker
    2. rsync -aHv /var/lib/docker /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-WDC_WD10_EARS-00Y5B1_152D00539000-0-0-part2/omv/docker
      Copy all old docker contents to new location keeping permissions and possible hard links and be verbose about what it is doing
    3. change the docker location in the OMV UI
    4. Restart the docker daemon in the OMV UI (will restart containers as well)
    5. Check if all your containers are running as expected
    6. remove /var/lib/docker

• Do it like this:

1. Stop the docker daemon (and all containers with it) systemctl stop docker
    2. rsync -aHv /var/lib/docker /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-WDC_WD10_EARS-00Y5B1_152D00539000-0-0-part2/omv/docker
      Copy all old docker contents to new location keeping permissions and possible hard links and be verbose about what it is doing
    3. change the docker location in the OMV UI
    4. Restart the docker daemon in the OMV UI (will restart containers as well)
    5. Check if all your containers are running as expected
    6. remove /var/lib/docker

Just a remark:

Between 3 and 4, don't forget to "Save"

Although, I also think it's better to:

Before #3

1st, uninstall docker

After #3

install docker with the path changed and saved.

• i'm running

Code
    sudo rsync -aHv /var/lib/docker /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-WDC_WD10_EARS-00Y5B1_152D00539000-0-0-part2/omv/docker

without sudo can't work

update:

ok, i followed the steps it seems to work.

to be sure, how can i rename the folder /var/lib/docker before deleting it?

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Yield79 ()

• sudo mv /var/lib/docker /var/lib/docker.backup

to be save, you can set a symlink

ln -s /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-WDC_WD10_EARS-00Y5B1_152D00539000-0-0-part2/omv/docker /var/lib/docker

• no, something went wrong.

after reboot, docker was installed but not running. I restarted from the OMV UI. but at this point Portainer does not appear to be installed. If I install it and start it, it asks me for the first configuration

edit:

editing folders seems ok to me

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

• So the links are not pointing to the correct docker directory. Check this again.

• therefore, in omv the path of the docker is

/ srv / dev-disk-by-id-usb-WDC_WD10_EARS-00Y5B1_152D00539000-0-0-part2 / omv / docker / dockerroot

I added / dockerroot to all the previous steps.

if I click on the simlink via winscp, it takes me correctly to the path indicated above

I stop the docker service and try to rerun???

sudo rsync -aHv /var/lib/docker.backup /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-WDC_WD10_EARS-00Y5B1_152D00539000-0-0-part2/omv/docker/dockerroot

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

• I tried removing the simlink and restarting docker; has now created the folder again

even if the setting is

I'm confused :/

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!