Symlinks Plugin Source & Destination Selection Boxes Not Scrollable

• Offizieller Beitrag

6.0.3 is in the repo and more things should be filtered out.

that was a real world test of dd image backup restores. Happy to report my bacon was saved again!

Good to hear!

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks. The way I am seeing it now is that if I didn't make the link I don't see it.

Still the pause on displaying the list. Two clicks required. Not a problem.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When creating a new symlink, selecting the Browse directory buttons provides a popup box to allow filesystem navigation to select source and destination for the link. However these lists are not scrollable or movable by dragging. Reducing the size of all displayed elements in the browser far enough to see the entire displayed listing results in (to me anyway) an illegible list.

Can not confirm that behaviour.

• Nothing to grab at the edge of the box here. I use Chrome but have tried Firefox too and cleared cache on both.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Well, sure I run browser extensions. I guess I'll have to shut them off a few at a time to see which one is causing it.

Edit:

I disabled all extensions in Chrome and it still will not work. I also tried with Firefox and Safari on my iPad. No joy there either.

--

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Well, sure I run browser extensions. I guess I'll have to shut them off a few at a time to see which one is causing it.

Edit:

I disabled all extensions in Chrome and it still will not work. I also tried with Firefox and Safari on my iPad. No joy there either.

Same problem for me :(

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.8 | omvextrasorg 7.0

• After upgrading to omv-extras 6.0.5 my rootdrive was missing in the File System Status on the dashboard.
    I uninstalled and re-installed the plugin openmediavault-sharerootfs 6.0-2 and my root drive was visible again in the dashboard.

Now my symlink plugin gave me an error. Uninstalled and reinstalled the symlink-plugin, imported existing symlinks and tried to make a new link. Now all is scrollable again as it should :)

Maybe this can help you :)

kr.,

Frepke

• After upgrading to omv-extras 6.0.5 my rootdrive was missing in the File System Status on the dashboard.
    I uninstalled and re-installed the plugin openmediavault-sharerootfs 6.0-2 and my root drive was visible again in the dashboard.

Now my symlink plugin gave me an error. Uninstalled and reinstalled the symlink-plugin, imported existing symlinks and tried to make a new link. Now all is scrollable again as it should :)

Maybe this can help you :)

Thanks you for this suggestion. It worked!

Edit:

Coming back to it a bit later it no longer works - no scrolling. So what I did was to reimport an already imported link. This threw up an error but brought back the scrolling capability.

--

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Thanks you for this suggestion. It worked!

Edit:

Coming back to it a bit later it no longer works - no scrolling. So what I did was to reimport an already imported link. This threw up an error but brought back the scrolling capability.

Tried it on my system, and scrolling is still working. Tried it in a new tab and scrolling is broken again :(, the reimport of an already imported link let it scroll again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have no idea what to change and no idea why importing something would change the folder browser. :(

• I have no idea what to change and no idea why importing something would change the folder browser. :(

I think some voodoo might be needed :evil:

Also, whatever triggers it here seems to involve only leaving OMV for a while and coming back. And the fix is also reliable, so far it has worked every time.

--

• I think some voodoo might be needed :evil:

Also, whatever triggers it here seems to involve only leaving OMV for a while and coming back. And the fix is also reliable, so far it has worked every time.

When the problem occurs, I've got an error in my console:

When I press import and then cancel, the problem is also gone.

• Offizieller Beitrag

votdev Does the output in the post above make sense to you?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

votdev Does the output in the post above make sense to you?

Without haviong more information i can only say that the RPC can not be executed because of invalid privileges.

Having more information about the RPC would be helpful; running browser dev tools and enabling network analysis would give the required information.

• Without haviong more information i can only say that the RPC can not be executed because of invalid privileges.

Having more information about the RPC would be helpful; running browser dev tools and enabling network analysis would give the required information.

What information do you need from the dev tools, maybe this?

Code
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"Failed to get the RPC parameters.","trace":"OMV\\Rpc\\Proxy\\Exception: Failed to get the RPC parameters. in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/proxy\/json.inc:47\nStack trace:\n#0 \/var\/www\/openmediavault\/rpc.php(45): OMV\\Rpc\\Proxy\\Json->handle()\n#1 {main}"}}

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Frepke ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had this problem as well on 6.0 (I might still have, haven't checked it since last update)

For the source directories, I just type /srv and then click the folder, and it shows all my folders under /srv.

For the target, since all my symlinks are linked under "NAS/", I just type them.

I figured it was a browser issue since the directories were clearly there, I just couldn't scroll to them (that was with Firefox, no extensions or add on's at all).

• Offizieller Beitrag

What information do you need from the dev tools, maybe this?

Code
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"Failed to get the RPC parameters.","trace":"OMV\\Rpc\\Proxy\\Exception: Failed to get the RPC parameters. in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/proxy\/json.inc:47\nStack trace:\n#0 \/var\/www\/openmediavault\/rpc.php(45): OMV\\Rpc\\Proxy\\Json->handle()\n#1 {main}"}}

Something like this:

• Something like this:

The Payload gives me this:

Code
    {service: "WebGui", method: "getSettings", params: null, options: null}
    method: "getSettings"
    options: null
    params: null
    service: "WebGui"

The response gives:

Code
    {"response":{"port":81,"enablessl":false,"sslport":443,"forcesslonly":false,"sslcertificateref":"","timeout":60},"error":null}

I hope this helps.

kr.,

Frepke

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Workbench page was only an example how to get the information from the browser dev tools. You should do the same thing as before to create the error and then post the data displayed in the dev tools.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!