No access anymore to the WebGUI | OMV-firstaid - Reconfiguring web control panel failes due to problem with NGINX

• Hi all,

In the past I was perfectly able to login to OMV via the WebGUI. It runned on port 81. However, since today I am not able to load the login page from my web-browser. The error message is: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I've searched and read a lot to fix the problem. Unfortunately without any result, although it seems more people have faced the same problem..

I think most interesting is the log that I get after trying to "Configure web control panel" using the omv-firstaid kit. See part of it below (the attachment contains the full log).

From this log it seems that there is a issue that has to do with nginx.

I've no background in IT. Nevertheless, I learned a lot already after setting up my OMV server a year ago.. However, this problem is to complex for me to solve, so could you please help me. Thanks in advance!

• Yes. Although I'm not sure, I think I was still able to access the OMV-webGUI after I set up nextcloud with Docker.

Further, a friend om my also set up Nextcloud the same way as I did and is also still able to access the webGUI..

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nextcloud in docker is fine. Run it as well.

Was just wondering because of thie failure

Code
    nginx: [emerg] "server" directive is not allowed here in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:66
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Did you edit nginx.conf? On my server all lines from line 66 are commented out (therefore not active)

• Macom! Thanks for helping me. I've commented out line 67 - 70 (section with title "server") and ran omv-firstaid. I'm able to log in again via the webGUI.

It is remarkable that I've never touched the nginx.conf before. Somehow it was edited by another process..

Thanks a lot!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

EDIT: ok you were faster than me ;)

END EDIT

I do not have these lines in my config

Line 64:

Code
    client_max_body_size 0;

Line67-69:

Code
    server {
    client_max_body_size 0;
    }

I assume you added them manually. Maybe you wanted to edit nginx.conf in a container and edited the file on the host instead?

• You made me doubting and you are right. I've looked it up --> during the setup process of Nextcloud I've been through the following instructions to increase the max upload size to Nextcloud (see link below).

https://dbtechreviews.com/2020…ext%20we%E2%80%99ll%20fix

But I made a mistake. The following section shouldn't be added to the nginx.conf:

Code
    server {
    client_max_body_size 0;
    }
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Note that you have nginx at least 2 times running.

Once on the host. That is for OMV. Do not edit that. It will have no effect on Nextcloud anyway.

Second in docker. That is where you need to make modifications for Nextcloud.

From the "guide" you linked:

Zitat

You’ll need to edit each of those nginx.conf files. In those files you’ll make sure that you add the following:

This is stupid as you have noticed as it will break OMV. You only should edit the one for Nextcloud.

• I have that mistake(please help. Install nginx in docker, and automatically change nginx.conf and remove all config. Firstaid didnt help me. Can anyone give me standart config which works in omv6!

Im so nonconcentrating when changed config in host, not in docker(

OMV 6.
    Motherboard: Intel DP55WG
    CPU: Intel Xeon X3470
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    WD Black WD5000LPSX - system
    WD Blue 4GB x4 - RAID 10
    500GB SSD x2 - RAID 1 for VM's and Docker containers

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is mine

• Here is mine

Thank you!! now all works great!

OMV 6.
    Motherboard: Intel DP55WG
    CPU: Intel Xeon X3470
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    WD Black WD5000LPSX - system
    WD Blue 4GB x4 - RAID 10
    500GB SSD x2 - RAID 1 for VM's and Docker containers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!